rotating shifts for leo

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA

During the week I'm a day walker (going to school full time etc) then on Friday night shift or weekend night shifts I'll go to work.

What I do is stay up until 4am Friday morning, catch 5-6hrs of sleep, then wake up and go to work. It won't take long for your body to realize that it needs to catch sleep where it can, and you won't feel tired. Caffeine is both your best friend and your worst enemy. Also, try to get some real food in you. It's amazing how much better you'll feel with Real food instead of Chinese take out and pogie bait all night.

K9CopSGT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Lutcher, LA
    Preface - IANAD

OP - as far as getting to sleep when your body doesn't want to (and restricting to over the counter medicines), I've personally had success with melatonin, and there's some research supporting its efficacy as well. Just follow the directions on the back - allot 8 hours of sleep, take 30 minutes before you want to BE asleep, then lay down and start trying to sleep. It has variable effects on people, but it may work for you. I would try it on a night preceding an off day before using it prior to work for that reason (it isn't supposed to disrupt your sleep cycles, but some people feel funky the next day).

I would recommend trying generic benadryl (diphenhydramine) - it's the ingredient in tylenol PM that makes you drowsy, and it is WAY cheaper as generic benadryl.

Be careful with Melatonin. It affects people different ways. I fell asleep behind the wheel after an 8 hour sleep cycle, and almost 7 hours after waking up. I use strictly generic Benadryl or Tylenol PM.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    joshualectric
    Top Bottom