Royal Tiger has M38 Carbines ORIGINAL condition for $349.95

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    Nola_, your avatar creeps me out.

Ugh, my m38 isn't going to be here until Monday. The tracking originally said Friday (tomorrow), but it didn't get picked up in time. Monday it is :(

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    Need your thoughts on this guys.

Got my m38 in and it looked good at first, but as time went on and I took the time to strip her down, I noticed a little bit of pitting. These rifles were listed as "excellent" condition on the webpage. The only issues are the ones I'm showing here.

97e3f6e647f47032c5bd6018ef2b74d5_zpsd6fc2dd6.jpg

0ed92d70c09840f06ff7613d9e2aea32_zps0cf7a375.jpg

3c2148b12db34bed4ba35a0d0891d7a8_zps921ff8c2.jpg

a59a9b01a88269218b5eaafabe5a27ed_zpsd2445fe9.jpg

Maybe I'm expecting too much from a 70 year old rifle, but is this still excellent condition to you?

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    Need your thoughts on this guys.
    Maybe I'm expecting too much from a 70 year old rifle, but is this still excellent condition to you?

Would have to say that it is not in excellent condition.
    Why not email the seller those photos; couldn't hurt.

S&W4ME

I'm kind of a big deal
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Walker, LA
    For what you paid for that rifle plus their description I would email them too

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

sportsbud

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    You did request the original condition ones? means they were not refurb, looks like a true M38 stock... whats the more right and how heavy was the cosmoline?

nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    Sorry you got a bad rifle.

All the M38's I just got look "almost" brand new and unfired. Do your numbers at least match?

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    Sorry you got a bad rifle.

All the M38's I just got look "almost" brand new and unfired. Do your numbers at least match?

The numbers do match and the bore is perfect. Not a ton of cosmoline. You can't see the pitting if the stock is on and the rest of it looks great.

It's not like I want to send it back, but it's not something I'd have paid $350 for if I had gotten the chance to inspect it first. And if I ever sold it, it would be something I'd have to tell the buyer and will drive the value down.

Another member ordered one from them and he's going to let me know how his is.

sportsbud

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    The numbers do match and the bore is perfect. Not a ton of cosmoline. You can't see the pitting if the stock is on and the rest of it looks great.

It's not like I want to send it back, but it's not something I'd have paid $350 for if I had gotten the chance to inspect it first. And if I ever sold it, it would be something I'd have to tell the buyer and will drive the value down.

Another member ordered one from them and he's going to let me know how his is.

That sucks man, I think that Ivan didnt do a good job on the cosmoline... you could always get replacement metal on the stock and not effect value, but that bit of pitting is annoying...

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    That sucks man, I think that Ivan didnt do a good job on the cosmoline... you could always get replacement metal on the stock and not effect value, but that bit of pitting is annoying...

Planning on it. Any idea where i can pick up those parts? At least you can't see the barrel pitting when the stock is on. Currently waiting to hear back from royal tiger about it.

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    Alright, so I contacted Royal Tiger. Sent them pictures and was told they would "handle it."

Been two weeks since they've responded to any of my emails. It's only ever taken them 24 hours to respond to an email before this. I wasn't asking for a refund or to send the rifle back, but it simply was no where near excellent condition and I was looking to recoup some of the cost. Obviously, I wouldn't have paid $350 for this rifle if I had seen it.

Just opened a dispute of the charge with the bank. Hopefully that will get their attention.

Also, the other member that bought one said his is in perfect condition. Not a mark on it.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Cognac.cal
    Top Bottom