RRA POLY lower trouble

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    My end goal is to end up with a DDV11 and a short barreled suppressed 300blk upper.
    First step was getting an incredible deal on a DD 10.3" complete 300 blk upper from Western Sport. After that purchase I knew it would be some time before I purchased a V11 and would have that lower engraved for a SBR. I figured I could throw a cheap pistol lower together to get some use out of the upper just sitting in my safe. So I purchased a stripped RRA POLY lower locally along with a RRA LPK, pistol buffer and tube. Once I got everything together I test fire 20 rounds of supers and 20 rounds of subs for function only, everything checked fine. Mounted some optics got it zeroed at 100 with supers and shot a variety of supers. Had 6 failures to fire out of a box of 20 with Remington 130gr Hog Hammer TSX(sucks because I really wanted to hunt with this round). All FTF rounds had a solid firing pin strike in the primer. This was just short of 100 rounds in. I have not had any other failures with right at 200 rounds.
    Then I noticed this:
    e9a49194d15212baa69219e261c90aa6.jpg

f4de6db157a3f3ce3d2523b4541861e8.jpg

ad7e93bf815ad8b01bb55ff51cca697d.jpg

7f3d8b9ec10385f2a9501d289c582cde.jpg

0e0be195ad702bfdfba744a5f82eb437.jpg

Sent RRA an email describing the issue along with an email to the local shop where the initial purchase was made. LGS responded same day and stated if for any reason I was dissatisfied with RRA service they would take care of me by even trade for another or apply credit to anything in the store or whatever it took to make it right!
    After a week I called RRA and they immediately emailed me a return label. A few days later I get a call CS told me that due to the rate of failure they were not replacing poly lowers. They would issue a full MSRP refund (which was above retail) or apply MSRP credit to their line. I chose to apply credit to a forged stripped lower since I had parts sitting around. Since it wasn't an even exchange the new lower was shipped to the original shop of purchase where I picked it up and reassembled the pistol lower. Some minor inconvenience but overall very satisfied with the customer service I received from RRA and Jim's Firearms.
    Thanks

Sent via telegraph with the same fingers I use to sip whiskey.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    Yikes! Glad you caught it before something drastic happened. I had a freak part break on my RRA years ago, they replaced it no questions with a quick phone call, good folks!

Look into Barnes 110gr Tac-TX loads as well, put down two deer with them this year.

Candyman

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 15, 2008
    Denham Springs

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    I had a polymer lower. Did not like the feel. Not sure I would be able to trust one in a centerfire caliber. Might make a good inexpensive .22 AR style gun.

Good to see companies taking care of problems.

Top Bottom