WTS: Ruger #1 in 270

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rgibso6

Ryan
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 9, 2010
    Lafayette
    Greetings,

Up for sale is my Ruger Number 1 chambered in 270 Win with a Leupold Vari-X III 3.5 x 10 50mm with sling, soft case, and 40 rounds of ammo.

PXL_20210502_143448558.jpgPXL_20210502_143408599.jpgPXL_20210502_143551622.jpg

Price: $1,300

If you're not familiar with the Ruger No. 1, it's a single shot, incredibly strong action, and a short overall length when compared to rifles with similar barrel lengths. This particular rifle was manufactured sometime in 1978-79 and has a beautiful wooden stock with rich, dense grain. You really don't see wood on rifles like this anymore.

PXL_20210502_143528726.jpg

I purchased this rifle in 8 or 9 years ago because I always wanted a No. 1. It presents itself in stark contrast with today's tactical craze, but I've always had a deep affinity for its sophisticated simplicity. The bluing is slightly worn near the muzzle and a few other areas, but nothing detracting from its appearance. If you look closely at the wood, there are some light handling marks, but you really have to put your face up close to see them. The scope has a few scratches in the bluing, but the scope isn't a collectible piece and it works. I had a notion to hunt with it, but I never really got around to it. I'm selling it because I'm going to grad school in the fall and will likely have to pay the first semester out of pocket.

It's chambered in 270 Win. The internet tells me it's good for elk out to 400 yards. During normal times, you have your pick from a variety of different offerings from just about any store that sells ammo. I haven't seen any 270 on the shelves in about a year, so I'm including my ammo in the sale. Anyways, 270 is a solid, proven, and typically a readily available cartridge. It would make Paw Paw proud.

PXL_20210502_153626821.jpg

$1,300 face to face, preferably in the Lafayette area, but I get around.

Possible trades:
    SW 686 SSR
    Ruger GP100 Match Champion 357
    Ruger Super GP, preferably in 357

Call or text:
    337-344-5456

Cheers,
    Ryan

rgibso6

Ryan
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 9, 2010
    Lafayette
    Greetings,

Up for sale is my Ruger Number 1 chambered in 270 Win with a Leupold Vari-X III 3.5 x 10 50mm with sling, soft case, and 40 rounds of ammo.

View attachment 105349View attachment 105348View attachment 105351

If you're not familiar with the Ruger No. 1, it's a single shot, incredibly strong action, and a short overall length when compared to rifles with similar barrel lengths. This particular rifle was manufactured sometime in 1978-79 and has a beautiful wooden stock with rich, dense grain. You really don't see wood on rifles like this anymore.

View attachment 105350

I purchased this rifle in 8 or 9 years ago because I always wanted a No. 1. It presents itself in stark contrast with today's tactical craze, but I've always had a deep affinity for its sophisticated simplicity. The bluing is slightly worn near the muzzle and a few other areas, but nothing detracting from its appearance. If you look closely at the wood, there are some light handling marks, but you really have to put your face up close to see them. The scope has a few scratches in the bluing, but the scope isn't a collectible piece and it works. I had a notion to hunt with it, but I never really got around to it. I'm selling it because I'm going to grad school in the fall and will likely have to pay the first semester out of pocket.

It's chambered in 270 Win. The internet tells me it's good for elk out to 400 yards. During normal times, you have your pick from a variety of different offerings from just about any store that sells ammo. I haven't seen any 270 on the shelves in about a year, so I'm including my ammo in the sale. Anyways, 270 is a solid, proven, and typically a readily available cartridge. It would make Paw Paw proud.

View attachment 105352

Possible trades:
    SW 686 SSR

Call or text:
    337-344-5456

Cheers,
    Ryan

Greetings,

View attachment 105349View attachment 105348View attachment 105351

View attachment 105350

View attachment 105352

Possible trades:
    SW 686 SSR

Call or text:
    337-344-5456

Cheers,
    Ryan
    You've probably been good enough all year, so treat yourself to something nice.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom