Ruger 10/22 ? HELP ARCHANGLE STOCK MESS UP

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jcoaster

Rating - 98.4%
    125   2   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Slidell Louisiana
    Trying to put on ARchangle stock ,but top cover wouldn,t fit, so tap it with rubber mall on bench,not thinking mag release was on bottom bent something. Sould bolt close if there is no mag in it.I LIVE IN SLIDELL ANY HELP PLEASE

Triggerhppy83

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Slidell
    take the trigger assembly out and post some pics of it if you can. Sounds like you bent something or forced something to where it isn't supposed to be. I would first look at the bolt catch/release to see if it is lodged or bent. Try taking it out and laying it flat on a table and see if you bent it. Also may or may not be relevent here but I have had some 10/22 kits that screwed in place using the receiver scope mount screws (the tiny four on top). If these screws are too long it may be dragging on the bolt and causing it to stop as well.

jared.scoggan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2013
    Polk
    the bolt doesnt stay back with an empty mag in (no bolt catch), you have to manually pull the bolt back and press the bolt catch (located on the front of the trigger guard) maintaining pressure on the bolt catch, release the bolt, and then the bolt catch to lock bolt to rear, then to release bolt, pull bolt back, depress bolt catch (on front of trigger guard) and it rocks downward, then you can release the bolt...

Nick1230

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    Cecilia,La
    the bolt doesnt stay back with an empty mag in (no bolt catch), you have to manually pull the bolt back and press the bolt catch (located on the front of the trigger guard) maintaining pressure on the bolt catch, release the bolt, and then the bolt catch to lock bolt to rear, then to release bolt, pull bolt back, depress bolt catch (on front of trigger guard) and it rocks downward, then you can release the bolt...
    Exactly

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

Triggerhppy83

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Slidell
    unless you do the auto bolt release mod. then when the bolt is open all you have to do is pull it back slightly and release. i've done all of my 10/22 platform guns and don't know how I went shooting without it

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    djrara323
    Top Bottom