ruger 10/22

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jcoaster

Rating - 98.4%
    125   2   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Slidell Louisiana
    just bought a new one. took it apart to clean,how just don't feel right,would like to polish feed ramp. add bolt hold opener.I GUEST MAKE IT RUN A LITTLE BETTER. any HELP JOHN SLIDELL area

XD45ACP

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 26, 2008
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Well, the good news is you have one of the most customizable guns on the planet. I would guess it probably has a few rough spots from the factory, but it really depends on what you want it to do, and what specifically you mean by run better...

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    You need to check out this website pronto!

www.rimfirecentral.com

There is a whole forum on JUST the 10-22 - how to care, feed, tweak, and configure it.

^This^
    I've put a couple together after spending some time on there.
    Factory 10 rd mags
    Polish the guide rod
    Upgrade trigger with Volquartson or Kidd parts or replace the trigger group all together.

Do you plan on keeping it mostly stock or are you going to shoot for the moon?

Hattrick 22

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana
    I did my own trigger job on mine I was very optimistic about it for safety reasons but after reading a lot and just squaring the metal it functions much better and has a clean break the parts are not the best and wasn't square just squaring it made a world of difference. Before spending the money you may want to check it out as well. It's not something to take lightly so if you don't feel comfortable doing it yourself bring it to a gun smith or drop a couple bills.

The automatic bolt release was really easy if you have a dremal its a piece of cake. Same with polishing the receiver and bolt just to get the grit and extra paint crud left from over spray. Rimfirecentral has a ton of stuff I started out with DIY search upgrades for the 10/22 and found it all there youtube even has some videos to further explain.

The bx 25 mags run suburb for more capacity. I had a few 10 round mags for mine and ended up getting one of the tri mag holders which is cool too.

Last edited:

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    If you want 'Last Shot Bolt Hold Open', there's only one way to get it. A kit from Custom Shooting Technologies. Requires special magazines and only modified factory 10 round mags will work.

It works flawlessly. I have it and it makes my rifle much more enjoyable for me. CST is a great company to do business with.

tonen123

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Central, La
    I bought one a couple weeks ago from walmart in bayou vista. I was surprised they had it, turns out they had 3, the guy behind me bought the other two. Just keep checking with the walmarts. They are getting them but they are selling fast.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I did my own trigger job on mine I was very optimistic about it for safety reasons but after reading a lot and just squaring the metal it functions much better and has a clean break the parts are not the best and wasn't square just squaring it made a world of difference. Before spending the money you may want to check it out as well. It's not something to take lightly so if you don't feel comfortable doing it yourself bring it to a gun smith or drop a couple bills.

The automatic bolt release was really easy if you have a dremal its a piece of cake. Same with polishing the receiver and bolt just to get the grit and extra paint crud left from over spray. Rimfirecentral has a ton of stuff I started out with DIY search upgrades for the 10/22 and found it all there youtube even has some videos to further explain.

The bx 25 mags run suburb for more capacity. I had a few 10 round mags for mine and ended up getting one of the tri mag holders which is cool too.

What he said. I was pretty disappointed at how gritty my 10/22 was when I got it. It also only functioned about 70% with anything other than MiniMags. About 10 minutes worth of light sanding and polishing the inside of the receiver and bolt made a world of difference. I also did a light bit of cleanup on the trigger. Now it's a smooth shooter and will eat any ammo I feed it 100%.

frankinola

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 3, 2012
    You need to check out this website pronto!

www.rimfirecentral.com

There is a whole forum on JUST the 10-22 - how to care, feed, tweak, and configure it.

++1. you can learn to do all types of upgrades. shoot at least 2 bricks of ammo before making big changes.

i just did the bull barrel and added iron sights for backup on one of my old 10/22's

http://www.nodakspud.com/NDS-22.htm
    i did the nds-25 rear sight and the nds-23 front sight. (you just need an A1 rear sight tool and AK front sight tool for adjustments)
    it does work nicely with trs-25.

Top Bottom