Ruger Jumps Into Self Defense Ammo Market With Radical Bullet Design

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I would stay with a proven LEA round such as Gold Dot, HST, PDX1, Golden Saber, Critical Duty.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    I saw that. It's actually produced by someone else, and is recently being marketed by Ruger. Still, it's interesting. Perhaps a good option for a pistol that won't reliably feed hollowpoints. Who knows, . . . , perhaps it's more effective than hollowpoints at stopping a threat.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I hear ya, but just for the sake of argument, didn't that video show the same tests everybody uses?

Pretty much. I enjoy watching the Ammo Quest videos, because regardless of what test/standard you go by, he personally tests multiple brands of ammunition and records all of it. Too many times we have comparisons of ammunition tests done by different folks.

JCcypress

Gun Trust Lawyer
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I was provided with a couple of free boxes of the Polycase 9mm, which we tested on multiple surfaces.

They are ****. Penetration and expansion were a joke.

PolyCase's 9mm Inceptor ARX High Penetration Ammo. The PolyCase ARX is designed to transfer maximum energy to target by a hydrodynamic ram effect. The unique shape of the ARX bullet enhances the surface area and exploits the rotational force of the bullet, resulting in a self-defense round that is engineered to perform. PolyCase's ARX sits in a magazine and feeds just like a round nose, with stopping power and terminal performance that exceeds most expanding handgun bullets. The ARX is loaded to SAAMI specifications and achieves higher velocities than any bullet in its class. PolyCase ARX copper-matrix bullets penetrate soft targets and barriers including non-hardened 1/16" steel without deformation or degradation in terminal performance.

This is 100% lead-free, loaded ammunition.

Specs:
    Caliber: 9mm Luger
    Weight: 74 gr
    Velocity: 1550 fps
    Energy: 395 ft lbs

There soooooo many red flags here that I can't even keep up. I'll stick with 147 gr. bonded HP, thanks.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom