Ruger LC9 trigger pull.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alto8345

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2011
    Folsom, LA
    I bought my wife an LC9 for conceal carry and went to the shooting range today. She and I HATE the loonnngggg trigger pull. Does anyone have any experience with this problem and any suggestions? I was thinking about a trigger modification kit.

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    I don't care to modify the trigger on a carry weapon but that's just me.
    My wife shot the LC9 and didn't care for the trigger either. She ended up with a Sig938 and couldn't be happier. Although I believe the trigger weight is a little higher than the Ruger it has little to no take up.

SigGuy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2013
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I own a 938 and have shot the LC9... The trigger is not even close to the same. I prefer to carry the glock platform, but occasionally will carry the 938.

CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    For a slim and compact semi auto such as the LC9, I welcome a long trigger. Some people put those guns in their pockets and for that application, I wouldn't want a light trigger. If you really like everything about the gun except for the trigger, learn how to use it the way it is. You can modify the trigger if you want but you'd really be wasting your time and money. If you see no fix within yourself and the gun, look for something else. If you want to keep the gun because you like it then learn how to live with it. Ask anyone that like j frames but can't shoot it. Must of them love those little revolvers but don't know how to shoot them. It something you just have to get accustomed to when it comes to small carry guns. Those guns aren't meant to shoot like you're $800 range toy. Tussling about on the ground and trying to reach for your gun at the same time, your adrenalin will be pumping so much you won't feel that long hard trigger anyway.

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    No way the 938 has a heavier trigger weight than a LC9. The 938 is a GREAT pistol with an easy to manipulate safety.

I can't find a spec sheet from Ruger but its stated several places the LC9s trigger is 6.3 lbs where Sig lists the 938 at 7.5-8.5
    My wife has more trouble controlling the long pull of a trigger such as the LC9 than the higher poundage but much shorter stroke of the 938.
    I'm really thinking of getting one for myself because I find that I'm "fighting" to conceal my 229.

deuxlatch

Airbus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Lafayette, La/Houston Tx.
    My LC9 slides in and out of my pocket easily and is easy to conceal. I hated the trigger pull at first but now I welcome it. It did, however, take a while at the range to get good with it and keep a decent group at 15yds.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    hunter1994
    Top Bottom