Ruger LCP's

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    While I believe the best .380 is x19 not x17 ;) I do know you can pick up the 95gr Winchester PDX1 rounds for the LCP online at Ammo to Go for $18/box of 20, or locally at Dic k's for $30/box of 20.

http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/catalog1/product_info.php/manufacturers_id/23/products_id/4672

S380PDB.jpg

lacnola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2010
    I just picked up my LCP yesterday. It shoots great and absolutely love it. I am a female and did not find it very snappy at all, I could shoot it all day. No regrets at all!

kirkdbergeron

Zombie Killah! LOL
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Morgan City, LA
    I have had one for over a few months now, hell i like it, I like the way it shoots, I even shoot in on the range sometimes just for target pratice to ensure I stay proficient with it, I reload rounds for it as well. May I suggest the following for it if you purchase one things I have gotten and I DO NOT regret!
    Here is the list as follows:
    Slide-Glide Lite
    Wolff Ruger LCP .380 XP Recoil Spring Set 13 Lb
    Houge Handall Jr Grip Sleeve
    Recluse Pocket Holster
    Ruger LCP ArmaLaser
    Winchester PDX1 JHP's

28154_119655341394144_100000490358891_230343_8014656_n.jpg

Last edited:

tupperware9mm

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Lafayette, LA
    It is what it is,... a great little carry gun that is no fun to shoot. Very snappy but accurate as you are. Very concealable and up close and personal I would say lethal or damn close to it.

gene6823

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Lafayette, La.
    Ruger LCP

I have owned one now for about 4 months. Owned a KelTec P3AT for a while and got ride of due to plastic magazine release. Agree that 380 ACP is bare minimum for self defense. However, it would be better to have this weapon than none and with Hornady's new "Critical Defense" ammo I would feel you would have a fighting chance with well placed shots.

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    Agree that 380 ACP is bare minimum for self defense. However, it would be better to have this weapon than none and with Hornady's new "Critical Defense" ammo I would feel you would have a fighting chance with well placed shots.

For the next day or so I'm carrying a Walter P22 because I left my two main carry guns at a friend's house :o

jphilp87

Glock
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Ascension
    The LCP never gave me any problems at all. I'm a smaller guy but I didnt have any issue with recoil or accuracy. I love the two 380's I've had for their small size and ease of consealment. I carry a J-frame every day, but if I dont want to carry that thing around, the 380 definitely is the next best thing to my pocket knife!

I liked it when I had it. Almost as much as the Sig p238. I like the Colt Mustang style of the Sig. This is my motorcycle carry now. The Ex took my dang LCP. C'est la vie!

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Eventhough I do not own an LCP, I do own a P-3AT and I have found the Gold Dots to be the next best thing to follow DPX-1 (hard to find), not sure if the LCP does the same thing but the Keltec HATES steel Tula Ammo chokes like there is NO tomorrow, but totally LOVES any brass casing with HP tip.

Good little guns for what they are, I bought it mainly to go with me when I cant carry my other guns or for when I go to work (offshore), I dont want to keep any of my good guns in the vehicle parked at a dock for 2 weeks, and so far the Keltec has been more than reliable as long as I dont shoot steel, its better than the other low grade pistols IMO, eventhough after shooting the Taurus TCP I wish I would have went with that due to the slide lock feature.

mikeinneworlean

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    New Orleans
    I've had my LCP for a year or so. You definitely trade convenience for fire-power, but it an effortless carry with reasonable stopping power at self-defense range.
    You can carry it anywhere, wearing anything, almost effortlessly.
    I practice out of the pocket and 3-quick rounds into a body-sized target. It points easily. Its rounded edges make it snag-resistant out of the pocket.

Its not the funnest gun to go run 50 rounds through, but I didn't buy it for that.

I like it.

Mike

Top Bottom