Ruger SR 556

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Labeeman

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 11, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Anyone have one or know about them? I've read the reviews and most are positive except for the trigger. I know the action is piston driven. A friend of mine has one for sale and I'm trying to find out the low down on the gun. I think Ruger makes them with two different barrel lengths. Which is better if anyone knows ?

Sulzer

Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 20, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I'm not a fan of the piston ARs. Unless it is a stellar deal I'd pass and use the money to get a proper AR in it's designed configuration. Barrel length is really a personal preference depending on what you plan to do with the gun.

jtj5002

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2016
    Lacombe
    I have a Ruger AR 556. Personally I prefer DI ARs because they are lighter and arguably slightly more accurate at half of the price. However if piston ARs is your thing, SR 556 is a pretty good choice.

Labeeman

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 11, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    It may be a good deal and that's why I'm looking at it. I saw a few new ones on gunbroker for 1000.00 (gun only) this one has some ammo plus a bump fire stock ( don't really care about that) plus some extra magazines. He bought it from someone who "said " they had 1900.00 in to it. He paid 900.00 for the gun. What would some of you seasoned hagglers offer him ?

Poorboy504

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 18, 2012
    Westbank/nola
    If he's a good friend and you really want it, I would pay what his asking price is as long as it's less than what he bought it for. If money can never come between you two or he's not that close, I would offer 650 and see what his counter offer is:)

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    If he's a good friend and you really want it, I would pay what his asking price is as long as it's less than what he bought it for. If money can never come between you two or he's not that close, I would offer 650 and see what his counter offer is:)

For 650 I'd buy it and I don't even want one!

Top Bottom