Russian Ammo ban

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • southerncanuck

www.RangeSport.com (Use code "BayouShooter")
    Premium Member
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 3, 2019
    New Orleans
    I didn’t realize everyone was so passionate about Russian ammo! I’ve pounded through a couple cases of Tula but it’s certainly nothing worth getting emotional about as far as I can tell.

I thought people around here would be more enthusiastic about the government actually helping boost US businesses by cutting off the influx of cheaper imported alternatives, but maybe consistency isn’t important when it affects to our bang bang toys. No sense wasting and opportunity to feel victimized and get mad, right?

Maybe it's just me, but unless you're so desperately low that you're going out to panic buy some junk steel ammo this weekend, I can't really see how this move matters in the grand scheme of things. Furthermore, at least as I read the thing, it only applies to new and pending permit applications, so we'll see if this actually even impacts the major manufacturers at all.

Last edited:

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    I didn’t realize everyone was so passionate about Russian ammo! I’ve pounded through a couple cases of Tula but it’s certainly nothing worth getting emotional about as far as I can tell.

I thought people around here would be more enthusiastic about the government actually helping boost US businesses by cutting off the influx of cheaper imported alternatives, but maybe consistency isn’t important when it affects to our bang bang toys. No sense wasting and opportunity to feel victimized and get mad, right?

Maybe it's just me, but unless you're so desperately low that you're going out to panic buy some junk steel ammo this weekend, I can't really see how this move matters in the grand scheme of things. Furthermore, at least as I read the thing, it only applies to new and pending permit applications, so we'll see if this actually even impacts the major manufacturers at all.

Banning the cheap ****, causes the supply/demand ratio to change, which means the price on the ammo we do use will go up higher than it already is.

jessopher

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 26, 2010
    covington

There is no non-russian made 5.45 as well as a few others, but also not taking into account the impact across the industry. You only shoot American stuff and that's great, your American stuff is about to cost more because of the lack of Russian imported stuff. Also you misunderstood the new import permit part, it goes by shipments so the next time an importer goes to submit forums for a reorder it will be denied. This is a complete ban of Russian made ammo and components, like what Hornady uses, and whatever is here or on the ships already will be the last of it .

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I had no idea 40% of America’s ammo was foreign

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I’d have estimated 50%. The Tula factories make a lot of ammo sold under other names but they’re not just talking about Russian ammo. There are many others imported that won’t be affected.
    Sellier and Bellot, PPU, Aguila just to name a few. Serbian, Czech, Argentine ammo and others will keep coming in. Not to mention the ammo made for American ammo companies by foreign manufacturers. I’ve made it my business, over the past 30+ years to know where my ammo comes from and what I can invest in vs what I should pass on. Except for 7.62x39, 5.45x39 and maybe some 7.62x54R, not much will be affected. Other manufacturers load these calibers. They just don’t all offer any quite as cheap.
    But guess what, not all communist bloc ammo is Russian, neither are all ex com bloc countries part of the now defunct USSR. I think that’s where some concern mistakenly originated.
    So, Tula, Wolf, Barnaul, and a few other brand names will dry up but there are still sources for this ammo and the components that won’t fall under the Biden plan. I was glad to make a large purchase of Wolf match 22LR a couple years back before the current crunch and won’t likely need any more in my lifetime. The rest I can work around.

Core

Salt
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Maine
    AK owners can get into the reloading game like every other nation that has tyrant leaders and dictators pulling the strings like Biden and his band of idiots. I believe Biden's autocracy and the ATF are both going to see a timely end sooner than later. They are all violating laws by banning arms, ammo, and features. They are in a unified political road to perdition that is making a mockery of Western Law, and SCOTUS and We the People are not going to let it slide anymore!

Xeon64

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Prairieville, LA
    Maybe this is the perfect opportunity for an American Company to start making cheap steel case ammo that is Berdan Primed. EPA will probably make this not possible.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Maybe this is the perfect opportunity for an American Company to start making cheap steel case ammo that is Berdan Primed. EPA will probably make this not possible.
    They wouldn’t have to make it mil spec and would likely be smart not to. Just steel cases to save money and keep the cost down. Sellier and Bellot has long offered some of the best and it’s NON CORROSIVE. Again, I hate to get on a soap box about this issue, but it’s not that big an issue.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    I bet the ******* and chief does not have the balls to ban the import of Russian vodka. If this really is about punishment for vile acts, then Biden should hit them where it hurts. This is all about punishing gun owners though.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    maybe palmetto state will step up fill the void... they already produce aks and now own the ammo factories of remington plus remington did make steel case at one time, but not sure if its repackaged or not, they seem like the company to do it... I do shoot alot of steel, and i reload, steel is much easier and cheaper and i have never had a issue with it.. But i have some stacked up from cheaper prices...

It made it a lot easier to burn though 1000 .223 steel @ $179 vs $400 in brass, same with 9mm and obviously 7.62x39... Ive had fals,m1a's and AR10's that would eat up that $320 per 1000 .308 vs well over $500 per 1000 for brass m80... Plus you not on the ground like a crack head saying theres more brass down here somewhere i know it!!!!:mamoru:

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    maybe palmetto state will step up fill the void... they already produce aks and now own the ammo factories of remington plus remington did make steel case at one time, but not sure if its repackaged or not, they seem like the company to do it... I do shoot alot of steel, and i reload, steel is much easier and cheaper and i have never had a issue with it.. But i have some stacked up from cheaper prices...

It made it a lot easier to burn though 1000 .223 steel @ $179 vs $400 in brass, same with 9mm and obviously 7.62x39... Ive had fals,m1a's and AR10's that would eat up that $320 per 1000 .308 vs well over $500 per 1000 for brass m80... Plus you not on the ground like a crack head saying theres more brass down here somewhere i know it!!!!:mamoru:
    PSA does now own Remington ammo. Vista Outdoors purchased Remington ammunition. PSA isn’t saving anything unfortunately.

Top Bottom