s&k instamount scope mount for p17

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mr. frog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Vi-Lou
    i got one of these for my eddystone and noticed i could not hold zero on the windage. I was able to grab the scope and shift it from left to right ever so slightly. the mount only has one screw and relies on the ears to keep it stable. There is obviously a small gap. If any of you have this mount and problem and fixed it, please let me know.

EonDresari

Curio & Relic
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I was looking at getting one of those for my Eddystone too. Would you mind posting pictures of yours? Just curious to see how one actually looks like on a rifle. How high it sits etc.

mr. frog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Vi-Lou
    20140914_094247_zps0a47a0f8.jpg

it sits ridiculously high (at least 1/4" higher than normal") and, for certain scopes, the spacing doesn't give you much room for play. this scope/ring setup is probably the worst setup for this mount, but it's only for show and tell at the moment. i have a 42mm scope that would look good on it with extra low rings (which i'm having trouble finding in 30mm), and the spacing of the rings in conjunction with the turrets work a lot better than this one (as the turrets can fall between the rings). also, even though it says "weaver style base", it will NOT fit weaver rings.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom