S&W 3rd gen pistols

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RiverCop

Gun Toten Wacko
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Pearl River , LA
    ndtg01rbh63zvlkalj25.jpg

Just picked this one up and I love it.

Still like my HKs better...

The_Shadow

The Shadow Knows!
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 24, 2010
    Southeast, LA
    S&W has lost touch with the people who buy their products, these days it is all about contracts or lack there of! I have been disappointed in S&W with the goofy internal lock situation. In years past the products were unique, state of the art and refined craftmenship! There was a lot to be desired in the all Stainless Steel 3rd gen guns which were setup in various configuration to meet the needs of different needs applications...SA, DA/SA, DA only, Decockers, Ability to fire with the magazine only or with & without to satisfy the market base of the time.

Today every one wants the "Plastic Fantastic" trading the extra weight for more ammo vs. price! The rest don't care as long as it is a 1911 45ACP? :(

We can only hope to see a resurgency of the 3rd gen all SS pistols sometime in the future! :)

tactical723

3 Gun / F Class Player
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Northshore - Covington, LA
    I loved my all steel 4006 (w/ combat sights) that I carried on duty for about 3 years in 40cal, shot several thousand rounds with no failures. Then I transitioned to a GLock 22 (patrol)/23 (det) when we all were going to GLocks, much better pistol and a hell of a lot lighter for duty carry. While I did not have any problems with the S&W and it was a great weight for keeping the patrol car's wheels down when taking hard corners, I agree with LSP, they are better Semi-Autos out there. For their time, they were an adequete, reliable, heavy (did I say heavy ) auto pistol. I still have back problems from carrying that chunk of metal on my duty belt.

The_Shadow

The Shadow Knows!
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 24, 2010
    Southeast, LA
    I truely understand the weight issue of the SS and I to accepted the Glock for my daily needs, but on range days I still take the Smith & Wessons along for the excercise.

Top Bottom