WTS: S&W 586 No Dash 6" 357 Mag

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rgibso6

Ryan
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 9, 2010
    Lafayette
    Greetings,

Up for sale is my SW 586 with a 6-inch barrel, leather Galco holster, original grips, Hogue big butt grips, fancy Boyt soft case, and 100 rounds of Perfecta 158 grain 38 special.

PXL_20210430_142055065.jpgPXL_20210430_142234282.jpgPXL_20210430_141902402 (1).jpg

Price $850

I bought this wheel gun in December 2009 a month or so after I got out of the Marines. This was my first of many revolvers and I'm pretty sure I skipped and whistled on my way out of the gun show with this beast. This is an incredibly beautiful firearm and that's precisely why I'm getting rid of it. It's too pretty and I'm rough with guns. It pains me not to give it the attention it deserves.

This 6-shot revolver the first edition of 586, hence the no dash. I casually refer to it as the "hand-cannon". It has the hammer-mounted firing pin and no internal safety. This particular rendition has the ramped front sight with the orange insert. There is a slight blemish in the finish on the underlug just forward of the ejector rod, as attempted to show in the photo. There is also some faint wear on the bluing near the muzzle. None of the wear is able to be captured in the photos because it is so faint.

The big butt grips go particularly well with this beauty and do well with the palm swells to absorb recoil, not that it's needed with a 6-inch barrel and a full underlug, but it makes it pretty. The holster is specific to this model, but also holds a 6" GP100. The last time I chronographed the Perfecta 158's in this revolver, it averaged just over 900 fps, so it's pretty hot for 38 special factory loads.

It is accurate. I was showing off at the range to impress a lady and hit a coconut at 100 yards, she swooned. Everything locks up tight. It's a beefy L-frame, so I can't afford enough 357 ammo to wear this gun out.

$850, cash, face to face, preferably in the Lafayette area, but I get around.
    Call or text: 337-344-5456

Possible trades with cash going one way or the other:
    SW 686 SSR
    Ruger GP100 Match Champion 357

Last edited:
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom