S&w M&p 40

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kirkdbergeron

Zombie Killah! LOL
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Morgan City, LA
    I have a friend that shoots a M&P .40, he thinks it needs a little rework, anyone have any suggestions? as far as making it more accurate, mods to make life easier?

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    First and foremost = Apex Tactical Trigger Kit

Apex makes a bunch of other great stuff for the M&P as well. IMO, the only thing the M&P needs is the trigger kit. They are plently accurate and reliable out of the box.

My personal M&P setup:

Apex Trigger Kit
    Polished feed ramp
    Bowie night sights
    Grip stippling/triggerguard undercut

mpn_duo.jpg

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I'm really getting turned on to the M&P Pistols. I'd just rather have a SOLID trigger, not the dual stage stock one. Is there no fix for that?

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I'm really getting turned on to the M&P Pistols. I'd just rather have a SOLID trigger, not the dual stage stock one. Is there no fix for that?

I was concerned with that at first, but really you don't notice it at all. And I've never heard of a single trigger failure, and there is boatloads of M&Ps in service at this point. It is a very solid design. Apex Tactical is also working on a solid trigger upgrade as we speak for people that just can't get past it.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    About the Grip stippling/triggerguard undercut is there someone who does that local? or do you have to send it off to get that done?

I did mine, and may be convinced to do another. :naughty:

There are many places you can send them off to as well, but expect to pay $140+ for a full stipple plus shipping each way.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    About the Grip stippling/triggerguard undercut is there someone who does that local? or do you have to send it off to get that done?

http://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34035

I was concerned with that at first, but really you don't notice it at all. And I've never heard of a single trigger failure, and there is boatloads of M&Ps in service at this point. It is a very solid design. Apex Tactical is also working on a solid trigger upgrade as we speak for people that just can't get past it.

We'll I might just wait until then. I don't see anyone at my local range shooting them but might go to my local touch and feel gun store today and put my hands on the M&P pistols.

Top Bottom