S&W M&P Apex Tactical Triggers

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alpharic

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jun 5, 2013
    Baton Rouge
    I installed the forward set sear and the USB from APEX and the trigger is awesome on My M&P Pro Series 9mm. I did not go with a trigger replacement or even a trigger job. These two things removed all the grittiness and made it smooth as butter. Love it, just dont get to shoot it often.

GLOCKCRAZZ

Custom Sheath Maker
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    May 23, 2007
    BR AREA
    Put the Apex polymer FSS kit in mine. It comes with the USB and also added the RAM. So I guess that's the total Apex upgrade. I like the feel of it much better.

Sent from the Bayou Custom Sheaths workbench.

franch1se82

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Belle Chasse
    i have the trigger spring, sear block, sear spring, plunger in my 9 pro core and it cleaned out the trigger tremendously. even dropped the trigger from ~4lbs to ~3lbs. Since i'm using it as my production division, I won't be able to go any further in upgrades.

I will upgrade my VTAC with their FSS kit though. So far everything I've read and watched on YouTube points APEX to be a topnotch parts company.

clem131

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    BATON ROUGE, LA
    i their competition kit in both in my 40 and 9. its a huge difference from factory but i've noticed on my 40 (which i shoot a whole hell of alot more) that the return spring is not as strong. like the trigger wants to stick back but never does. you can barely feel it on your finger when you reset the trigger. yet you still get the audible click at first i was concerned but its been a least a thousand rounds later and i've just gotten use to it.
    -clem

ldn0125

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I put in a Comp AEK in my 9 Pro Core 5" and it took my trigger down to 3.2#. It is very smooth but you don't feel the reset when competing. I would change out the trigger to the Glock like polymer trigger but competing in Production, I can't change anything external. A friend/co-worker changed the trigger on his Pro Core and his feels REALLY good. I haven't shot a match with the new kit in it since it has been way too hot. In the range, I find obtaining site picture on the follow up shots to be much better.

goteron

Unity Tactical
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Houma, LA
    The FSS is an incredible set. APEX definitely got it right. The pull is short and crisp, the reset is quick. I wouldnt own an M&P without one.

GLOCKCRAZZ

Custom Sheath Maker
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    May 23, 2007
    BR AREA
    Watch the YouTube vid to install.
    One thing you may need to do is slightly adjust the trigger bar. May need to open it up a little.

Sent from the Bayou Custom Sheaths workbench.

pulpsmack

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Red Stick
    Back when I installed mine, I don't think they even had a polymer kit, and I believe the metal trigger kit was more in line with the price of the polymer. Anyway, the metal trigger has that "indestructable"'feel to it and I would go with that one.

franch1se82

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Belle Chasse
    I just ordered the FSS + Trigger kit and i'm going to frankenstein it up with my existing CAEK kit that's in my 9 pro core.

reason: my 9 pro core is what i use in competition and the rules state that i can change parts internally and that any internal modifications cannot be visible from the exterior.

what my 9 pro core currently has: apex trigger spring, harden sear, sear spring, sear plunger, striker spring and ram kit
    what my 9 pro core will have after frankenstein-ing: same trigger spring, FSS sear only, same sear spring, same plunger, same ram, same striker spring and upgraded striker safety block and upgraded striker safety spring.

what my 9 VTAC will currently has: all original s&w parts
    what my 9 VTAC will have after frankenstein-ing: apex trigger spring, harden sear, sear spring, sear plunger, striker spring, ram kit, and the hard anodized aluminum trigger.

Top Bottom