S&W SD9VE, which holster

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    I just purchased a SD9VE. I would like to get a holster for it but am having some difficulty figuring out the correct one to buy. I am leaning toward the Blackhawk brand holsters. I don't want this to turn into a discussion about different holster manufacturers but I would like to know if anyone can tell me which holster will fit the SD9VE. I tried two different Academy locations yesterday, but there selection was pretty slim and there were no holsters even close to what I need. They were so busy that I didn't even bother trying to ask anyone behind the counter. I am not looking for a concealed holster, as I do not have permit to do so yet.
    Thanks in advance for any help.

M-66supersingle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2012
    I have the SD40VE, great gun I love it. Smith and Wesson sells a nice thumb break leather owb holster for the SD on their website and galco has some holsters on theirs. I've also read that a holster for an M&P 9/40 will also fit an SD.

luv1979

Genesis 27:3
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Shreveport, LA
    Thanks. I'll see if I can find a holster for the M&P and try that out.

I have the old version Sigma 9 (SW9VE). It I'll not fit in any M&P holster that I have found. I found a Fobus paddle holster at Academy that fits great, however it rarely leaves my night stand. Also, since the Sigma 9 is essentially a clone of the Glock 19, you might find a holster made for a Glock would fit. I don't know that for a fact, and have never tried myself, just offering a suggestion.

However I know for a fact that my Sigma 9 will not fit my M&P holster.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom