S&W Sigma

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trey504

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    NOLA
    I have no complaints about my 9mm sigma. I think most of these post are from people that don't own a sigma.

drumz2129

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 29, 2009
    Sulphur, La.
    In that price range you could pick up a used Ruger p95, and have an inexpensive reliable gun.

:hi5:

When purchasing my first pistol, I was in college (read: broke) and working at academy(read: very broke). It was between the sigma and a P97, boy was I glad that I went with the Ruger after shooting a buddy's sigma. :puke:

Last edited:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I have no complaints about my 9mm sigma. I think most of these post are from people that don't own a sigma.

It's not for me, but I could see where it has it's place.

Some have even nicknamed it "The Fan Favorite", IIRC. :D

lsu fan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    Metry
    gotta love irony

But seriously... I've got two friends that have sigmas. They make excellent pistols for people that never shoot, and aren't terribly concerned with self-defense.

Last edited:

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    But seriously... I've got two friends that have sigmas. They make excellent pistols for people that never shoot, and aren't terribly concerned with self-defense.

:bowrofl:

I don't own one, either-- by deliberate choice of course. I've shot a couple, handled/dry fired several. More importantly, I've seen several with function issues or breakage.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell

I have owned 4 of them. Bought them all for 200 bucks and sold them for around 300. So they were nice guns to make a profit.

I also "attempted" to improve the trigger pulls on all of them. The last gun got alot of time put in on it, and I did get the pull very smooth, and eliminated the stacking and grittiness. However the pull is long, and the reset is also very long. This is the main reason i sold all of them, the rest was just terrible after you shoot a glock (especially with a properly fitted ghost connector). Nothing I could see would have shortened the pull or reset.

While the sigma is "visually" a glock clone, the trigger system is completely different. And the materials and finishes quality is nowhere near a glock. You can usually score a used glock between 375 and 400, considering glock accessories are much cheaper, and mags are cheaper too.

While the sigma is inexpensive, I just cannot see why anyone would get one over a used glock. Or the ruger p series, which are great guns.

Abh3vol.firemen

unskilled labor expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    houma,la
    i had 1 in .40.even after a trip to the factory the "stainless:rolleyes:" slide would still rust,alot.cleaned it with #0000 steel wool and sold to a pawn shop.yea the trigger sucked.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jerry1090
    Top Bottom