SACR Resources - 2 Day Handgun Class on 28-29 May 2011. Shreveport, LA

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • G19MAG

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 12, 2010
    Bossier City
    I attended the last 2 day Handgun and Rifle course and I must say it was beyond my expectations. The instuctors were professional in everyway. The last class was made up of everyday folks with a desire to be more proficient with their weapons. Some of them have no experience and the others had some. Everyone was still challenged and learned new skills. I especially enjoyed learning the "why" of the different approaches. Which in turn made me question a few of my prior beliefs in what I thought would work better. The phrase "slaying of sacred cows" depicts it best. Needless to say by the end of the second day we all wanted more.

After speaking SACR Resources about another 2 day class for Handguns, they agreed to do another class. It will be held on 28-29 May 2011 from 0800-1600 (approximately).

This will be a 2 Day Handgun Class. You will need to secure at least 600-700 rounds, your choice of handgun, holster, 3 magazines and magazine pouch (optional).

I recommend bringing what you would normally carry. This is where my eyes were opened up to actual use of my weapon. I brought 3 different holsters with me during the first class and after shooting all day, I found out which one really works.

If you don't have any weapons or ammo and still want to attend the training, that is not a problem just PM me and we will work it out. I will get you in contact with the training folks to arrange something.

The trainer has worked with me on the price again and we have it at $225 per person. I will need to have your confirmation by 20 May 2011 (sooner the better) and payment by 20 May 2011. If writing checks please make them payable to SACR Resources. Training location and confirmed times will be provided on 25 May 2011.

For more information on the company SACR Resources, you can go to their site at www.sacrresources.com or their facebook page.

If you have any questions please feel free to send me a message or contact SACR Resources directly.

If you're from out of the area and want to join, I know of a few hotels in the local area that you can stay at and might even do a BS meet at the same time. I will even hold onto/store your weapons for you.

Just so there is not confusion, I do not work for SACR Resources; I'm just a satisfied customer look for some more training and sharing the opportunity with the BS community. I hope you can come; it's always great to put a face to the names.

Cheers,

G19Mag :cool:

Last edited:

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Is there any way you can get more info on the topics that will be covered throughout the class, is this an intro pistol class and the price that you provided is per person per day ???????

Thanks

G19MAG

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 12, 2010
    Bossier City
    I will ask the instructor for a brief narrative on the topics. I would describe it as a hybrid class from beginner to advance. The last class i took was supposed to a beginner class but i was pleasantly supprised when i was taught some advance techniques. Mainly depended on the participants, was real fortunate to have some very smart folks in my class. The price is for both days which is amazing.

saj

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    In answer to Guate_shooters questions, the first day will be a review of basics and the second day will be more advanced techniques. We normally evaluate the class at the beginning to determine the flow, also if the students have questions about certain things, we try to accomodate them. Generally speaking, the class will cover things like draw stroke, fundamentals of marksmanship, movement and shooting, reloads, precision shooting, equipment selection, etc..
    If anyone has any other questions, please feel free to contact me, my phone and email are on the web site, also if you are interested, we have some video and pics of what type of stuff we do on Facebook , just search sacrresources
    Thanks, Steven.

Last edited:

saj

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    You can reserve a slot through G19Mag (Ed), he's the host and will be able to tell you how many slots are available, etc., class is limited to 15 people. Thanks.

TangoCharlie145

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Alexandria, LA
    Steven is a great instructor, patient but firm. His knowledge level in the deployment of several different weapon systems is extensive and we are lucky to have his instruction. I do not work for him either, he has been an instructor for the Lousiana Tactical Police Officers Association for over 10 years and we were always very pleased with his instruction.

G19MAG

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 12, 2010
    Bossier City
    Tango,

I have to agree, the instructors is excellent.

Right now there is still some slots available, I will update as the class gets closer. I hope to meet some of you all at the class.

G19MAG

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 12, 2010
    Bossier City
    Just wanted to update everyone that there are still slots available for the upcoming class on the 9th and 10th of April. I will be available this week to meet with folks that would like to hand me their payments for the class. Just PM me when your available to meet.

Thanks,

G19MAG

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 12, 2010
    Bossier City
    All,

New class dates will be the 28-29 May 2011. Same requirements as previous class. Will edit original post to reflect dates. If you want to sign up I will need your confirmation and payment by the 20th of May that you will be coming. This will ensure your spot. Again, class will be limited to 15 participants. Price is $225 for both days.

Hope to see you all there.

Last edited:

G19MAG

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 12, 2010
    Bossier City
    Just a quick reminder for those that messaged, I will need your confirmation and payment this week. You can pm me if you want to meet somewhere or if you are coming from out of the area, you can just confirm with me that you are coming.

Hope to see you all there,

Top Bottom