Saltlife!!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hattrick 22

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana
    Seems like every frat boy with a big truck that dad bought them in Baton Rouge has that sticker. All they sell is apparel and optics. I almost don't want to wear my Costas due to all the douche bags in Baton Rouge wearing them.

I know what you mean I am happy I went with the black out Fisch ones now I don't like to advertise anyway..

costa-del-mar_fisch-blackout-green-mir-400g_sunglasses_FS_01_GMGLP_1_13226.png

Last edited:

c10seven

just a guy
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Prairieville
    Every time I read one of these stickers I think it says "slut life", I would think after seeing about 9,000 of them I would know what it is by now.

After reading this post yesterday, I had to laugh when I saw a cute blond girl in a jeep Cherokee with a salt life sticker on the back glass. I also, even though I know it's salt life, always immediately see slut life when I spot them.

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    Seems like every frat boy with a big truck that dad bought them in Baton Rouge has that sticker. All they sell is apparel and optics. I almost don't want to wear my Costas due to all the douche bags in Baton Rouge wearing them.

I know what you mean, but I'm not letting those douche bags ruin my Costas for me. I do however, hardly wear my Sperry's now because of them....... The guys in cargo shorts, fishing shirt, and Sperry's. It's amazing how it's cool to dress like your a big time fisheman, when you probably never hooked into a hawg your whole life. Now I see where y'all are coming from with the "tactical life" crowd with all of their patches and ****.

Log Island

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    Lafayette
    I've been seeing these around Lfyt for some time now...and yes, it's usually some younger guys, in some type of "customized" pickup. (was wondering what it was about/group/assoc/club) I'm sure most don't do any, or little fishing, just like those 44" tires, with God knows how high a lift, haven't left the asphalt...it's about the "look". People do this all the time; emulate what they see as cool, trendy, popular, etc. I'm sure we've all at some time in ours lives done this in some form or fashion.
    Costas and clothes....it's comfortable to wear... sans the sperrys. Never liked those...use flip-flops...Dressed like this for yrs.

I'll be at Pointe au Fair starting tomorrow thru Sunday, so I guess I'm safe to wear the garb, huh?
    And no, I do not have one of those stickers on my back glass.

Last edited:

I_FLY_LOW

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 15, 2007
    Gonzales
    Pas Taut La you got it on the head...idiots and wannabees caught up in a fad....unfortunately it reflects on those who are really into the sport and know whats going on..idiots. Like the comment about the hat too whoever said it...That was some funny s$%t!!!
    Those who are into it, for real, I find, tend to be modest about it.
    No stickers, nothing, to attract attention.

Btl_Rkt_Sci

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011

No matter how much better the glass lenses are, I couldn't bring my self to buy them. I went with the polycarbonate black ones. The reflective style has almost become synonymous with frat douche. I don't even wear the croakies unless I'm on the water.

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    The amount of judgement in this thread is astounding.
    Guess I better put up my columbia gear and penn glasses before I'm judged by the armchair crowd.

What says some of these guys you are judging don't fish more than you do?
    I know I'm offshore or in the bay every weekend almost. Especially during snapper season.

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    Guess I better put up my columbia gear and penn glasses before I'm judged by the armchair crowd.

I know I'm offshore or in the bay every weekend almost. Especially during snapper season.

Ohhh yea.......you're this guy aren't you???

d657a5bc175addc05951ca9e77b42950.jpg

Btl_Rkt_Sci

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011
    Ohhh yea.......you're this guy aren't you???

d657a5bc175addc05951ca9e77b42950.jpg

Getting a commercial logo tattoo is, like, the second most retarded thing one can do in life.

"Paw-Paw, what's that gawdy tattoo you have on your back supposed to mean?"

"Well, Johnny, it was a popular clothing brand that went out of business decades ago! Isn't that badass!?"

Last edited:

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    What about all the sportsman tattoos, bone collector, browning, etc.... Tattoos out there these kids now days are walking commercial billboard advertisement, and the younger kids think its cool, so they want to do it too.

But at least it isn't some other mainstream crap, could be worst you know. I'd rather buy my kid a Salt Life shirt than some other crap the kids are wearing. JMO

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    It's a nice logo, anyway. And some of the Salt Life Girls look like they're fun to fish with- even on a bad fishing day. :)

I'm not getting a tattoo with anyone's logo on it. Hell- I'm not getting a tattoo, period. That's just me. But as far as the decals go, I see it as promoting a way of life, more than anything else. Same goes for all the LA Sportsman decals, Mossy Oak, Realtree, anything hunting/fishing-related, you name it. Nothing wrong with showing a little unashamed pride for your love of the outdoors....:dunno:

Hattrick 22

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana

I used to wear the heck out of my salt Penn glasses I still have them as back ups in my tackle box.

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La

I don't judge the ones who wear fishing clothes, because I do as well. Or saltlife for that matter. I still have a saltlife shirt that I wear from time to time. I will laugh at them though when I ask them how as the fishing been lately and they look at me with a blank stare then say they don't really fish much. Come on man! You can't be "saltlife" and not know what a damn sparkle beetle is! :rofl:

Top Bottom