Sams Has GE A/C Units On Sale

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    I just picked up a couple GE A/C window units at Sams Club. They run $100 for a 5,500 BTU window unit to $189 for an 8,000 BTU window unit. For hurricane power outage backups its hard to beat. The 12,000 BTU units ran $300. That'll cool a couple big rooms, and the 8,000 BTU unit will handle an average-sized living room/dining room combination pretty well. The 5,500 BTU unit will handle one average-sized room very well.

Since I already have a 6,000 BTU unit this should cool my entire house in the event the power goes out, and I need to run on my generator.

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    I ran each of these for a couple hours. They cool like crazy, and they're quiet. After my last experience with a Friedrichs AC I bought that was so loud you couldn't watch movies in the same room, these are refreshing - and a LOT cheaper.

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    Thanx MR. Need a new one. Didn't even think about Sam's. Been missing you at BZ.

Great! Believe it or not I like these better than the 6 BTU Friedrichs A/Cs. Those made so much noise we couldn't watch the television in the same room. I think I'm going to be getting out to the BZ this week. I can't wait to burn up some ammo.

PPBart

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    Denham Springs, LA
    Thanks for the tip. I've got two window units we install to cool a couple of rooms during post-storm power outages, but my daughter/son-in-law need to buy some for their house.

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    Those units are at Lowes and Home Depot as well. $99.

By the way, as I posted in another thread the $99 800 watt 2-stroke generator at Harbor Freight should power one of these just fine with amps to spare for small lights, etc.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eddie Landry
    Top Bottom