Samsung Galaxy S III

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    Anyone have this phone? Do you like it? I'm looking to get the biggest best phone for next 2 years. I've been happy with my infuse and found the size to never be a problem for me. If anything alittle bigger would not be that bad.
    Thanks tech savvy people!

tigertaylor1

Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Houma, LA
    I have one and it is awesome, no complaints. They are talking about a new version 4 later this year so maybe hold off for that one. Either way you can't go wrong.

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    well if you cheap like me go with the S2 with boost moble

Well one thing I've learned with the 2 year contract thing is if you buy the very best latest and greatest at the time. It will only be obsolete the last 6 months you own it. Then all the software compatibility issues start showing up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

homeslice

Be honest.
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    St. Charles Parish
    Have the S3 and no complaints. Switched from iPhone 4 to this and made money on the trade in program from best buy. Hopefully I can do the same when my contract is up.

lost

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Pineville
    I am happy with my S3, but speed was more important to me than being able to do the stuff with the pen that the Note has. The wife is even going to switch from Apple to the an S3.

anakha

ljp#6749
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 7, 2010
    monroe
    Well one thing I've learned with the 2 year contract thing is if you buy the very best latest and greatest at the time. It will only be obsolete the last 6 months you own it. Then all the software compatibility issues start showing up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
    If being up to date on software is your concern go with a nexus phone, they are a bare bones android phone the way Google intended and are the first phones to receive updates... I have the galaxy nexus which just hit end of life status(carriers no longer selling) and I have the latest version of android(4.2.1) the s3's are still on 4.1.? android 4.3 or 5.0 will be released early summer for the nexus devices as well. the newest nexus out is the nexus 4 by lg.

john17427

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Oct 23, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I've had all three of the S's and they've each been incrementally better. Iphones are ok, but I just prefer android and big. I probably should have gotten the note, but the S3 is big enough and bigger than iPhone 4.

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I love my S3. I've rooted it, but haven't replaced any ROMs or anything, just removed the bloatware. I didn't like the Note because its just too big, and doesn't fit in my pocket. I've had the S3 since it came out, wouldn't have anything else.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I would recommend looking at the Droid Razr Maxx HD. It has the biggest baddest battery and is just as fast if not a little faster than everything else in the market right now.

MRBULLRED

Psalms 27: 1-3
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Ascension Parish
    I would recommend looking at the Droid Razr Maxx HD. It has the biggest baddest battery and is just as fast if not a little faster than everything else in the market right now.
    The battery is pretty good, but thats it. The processor is a 1.2ghz Dual-core processor vs 1.6ghz Quad-core processor of the Note II. It only has 1 gig of RAM vs 2 gigs of RAM like the Note II.

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    I've got the note 2,and the size doesn't bother me. I love having the large screen. I do find I don't have it tethered to me as much, which to me is a good thing.

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    I've got the note 2,and the size doesn't bother me. I love having the large screen. I do find I don't have it tethered to me as much, which to me is a good thing.
    That's the way I am with my infuse now. It gets set down next to me most the time. I'm in the habit of picking it up when I leave. I don't like to have even smaller phone tethered to me so might as well have a big one sitting next to me.

EvilSVT

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 23, 2010
    Lafayette
    HTC one X +. This replaced my S3. 64 gb internal mem, way better camers and will run 4.2 jellybean when released. Quad core and built better.

Just my .02

Top Bottom