Sanctuary city

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cajun Camper

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 9, 2012
    Lafayette, La.
    Found that out a few weeks ago. The present sheriff (Neustrom) can be thanked for that. He is endorsing Garber so might be more of the same. Hopefully enough people come out to vote to prevent this.

Cajun Camper

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 9, 2012
    Lafayette, La.
    I think Reardon is doing a little CYA. There are a couple of law suites against the Correctional Center right now. Locks on cells not working properly, can't remember what else. I believe they just had to pay a wrongful death settlement to a family of a guy who was held in solitary confinement for 2 or 3 weeks without meds which eventually caused his demise. I'm supporting Chad on this one.

altimar

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Lafayette
    I don't think there's a bit of truth to the "sanctuary city" claim.

Found that out a few weeks ago. The present sheriff (Neustrom) can be thanked for that. He is endorsing Garber so might be more of the same. Hopefully enough people come out to vote to prevent this.

FWIW, Garber would sign NFA forms "all day long". Leger never bothered responding. I was going to vote for Leger until that and the last minute mud-slinging he did.

He accuses Garber of basically informing illegals that their legal status does not affect their rights to sue an employer for work related injuries. If this is wrong in Leger's mind, then either:
    A) Leger thinks illegals are subhuman and don't deserve rights at all;
    B) Leger wants to protect companies that employ illegals;
    C) Leger takes us voters for racist idiots;

Harrisracing

Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I've also heard that Garber would sign NFA forms, but as a class III FFL I would always advise for a trust / LLC for your class 3 items. It's a simple problem of "possession" of the item by even someone so close as a spouse could technically be in violation of federal law. Main issue is a class 3 item (serialized to only that item) being transferred to ONE individual really only allows that one individual to possess the item. To think about it, while you are at work, and the wife is at home technically she is in possession of the item. So the CLEO signoff doesn't really help that much.

As far as Garber vs. Leger...I'd rather not air my political views out about that here but I'd say one has a more impressive resume than the other if considering nothing else than qualifications for the position.

altimar

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Lafayette
    I've also heard that Garber would sign NFA forms, but as a class III FFL I would always advise for a trust / LLC for your class 3 items. It's a simple problem of "possession" of the item by even someone so close as a spouse could technically be in violation of federal law. Main issue is a class 3 item (serialized to only that item) being transferred to ONE individual really only allows that one individual to possess the item. To think about it, while you are at work, and the wife is at home technically she is in possession of the item. So the CLEO signoff doesn't really help that much.

Totally agree, but 41P could force the issue.

Top Bottom