savage 93r17 tr

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nugent610

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    jena la
    i am thinking about purchasing a savage 93r17 tr and was wandering if any one had one and if they are pleased with it i own a marlin 17 but i like the style of the savage but i also don't want to sacrifice the accuracy that i know my marlin has thank you for any coments

Rynoatt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    Monroe,LA
    Finally a post I can comment on. I've had mine for a few years. The only issue I have w/ it is, it don't really like hollow point ammo. The ballistic tips shoot fine. The hollow points don't want to chamber. They hang coming out of the mag. into the barrel. I have a post on here asking about the issue. Still haven't found a fix for it. Doesn't really bother me, just would like the freedom to shoot whatever ammo's available. I have a Leupold V II scope on it. I like the accu-trigger. I went w/ all black. It is a good shooting rifle. I just shoot around, never hunted w/ it or anything. The accuracy is there if I'm not shooting it! Haven't tried pushing the limits of it but I don't have problems hitting what I want w/ it. As far as the mag. problem, I tried a 10 rnd mag from 17HMRMAG.com, doesn't work!!!!!! 50.00 worth of mags down the drain. Stick to the stockers from savage, IMO! Been pleased w/ it, I just need to shoot it more. Any questions, just send me a message.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Funny that you should mention this gun...Put about 20 rds. down range today with one...Like the other poster..I was shooting the Hornadays 17 gr. V max...Its a tack driver @ 100 yds.I have no comment on the hollow point post or magazine snafu...I've only shot the 17 v.max in mine...

i am thinking about purchasing a savage 93r17 tr and was wandering if any one had one and if they are pleased with it i own a marlin 17 but i like the style of the savage but i also don't want to sacrifice the accuracy that i know my marlin has thank you for any coments

Swami

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Monroe
    I had a Savage 93r17 for a while, and it literally was a tack driver, as it shot the staples holding the target at 100 yards. I like the accu-trigger, and have nothing bad to say about Savage or the .17 HMR round.

jauthement

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2012
    Houma, LA
    love it

I have had mine for a little over a year. I love this gun. I too have had issues with HP's loading. i also have had times when my first round of anything doesnt chamber properly. Its not always though and its not a big deal for me as mine is a bench gun. Again, it is a tack driver @100 yds. When i am finished at the range, i shoot the tacks holding the target up. Shooting it is the first time ive gone shooting because i love to shoot the gun and not just to get a gun ready to go hunting.

Top Bottom