Save Those Election Signs!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldironsights

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2008
    Carriere, Mississippi
    Save all those election signs instead of discarding them. Pick them from the grassy areas & save them for future use as target holders at your favorite shooting range.
    OK, I know there is a joke just waiting to get out!
    Let's hear it.:)

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    Save all those election signs instead of discarding them. Pick them from the grassy areas & save them for future use as target holders at your favorite shooting range.
    OK, I know there is a joke just waiting to get out!
    Let's hear it.:)
    Hey , I've been doing that for a year or so . Ever since I went to SHERBURNE and every damn one of the the target holders was shot to hell by idiots with shotguns .

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    That brings up an interesting point. All those election signs that are on public property (right of ways, intersections, etc), are they "owned" by anyone? Or could one simply stop and pick them up? Obviously I wouldn't be going into anyone's yard to take them.

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    oldironsights,
    What size are your signs? We put up some 2' x 6' target frames in the pit today. They currently have 2' x 6' solid yellow panels. They will accept 2' x 2' pieces because of where the 2" x 4"s are. The trade name for the material is 'CoroPlast'. The material comes in 4' x 8' so size of cut material best kept to a multiple of 48" (12" 16" 24"). I went into a local gunshop & they had 2' x 2' pieces for $10.00 each.
    I like the way tape sticks to 'CoroPlast" and staples work well also.

It was good meeting you today,
    RDO

scubasteve

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 12, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Damn!!! You right!!!! I need a stack of them to make a backstop for my daughter to shoot her bow. They are the schiznit for making templates, also.
    Know what I'm doing in the morning.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    That brings up an interesting point. All those election signs that are on public property (right of ways, intersections, etc), are they "owned" by anyone? Or could one simply stop and pick them up? Obviously I wouldn't be going into anyone's yard to take them.
    You certainly can pick up any sign that's not on private property . I encourage EVERYONE to remove these abominations from our landscape . They should be illegal and the offenders should be whipped like dogs !
    Damn , that felt good . :D

sonyman74

Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Apr 14, 2007
    Robeline, LA
    Hey , I've been doing that for a year or so . Ever since I went to SHERBURNE and every damn one of the the target holders was shot to hell by idiots with shotguns .

I have a shotgun does that make me an idiot?????? :D:D

Top Bottom