Say it ain't so!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Yes, I'll pay double to not have to shop beside Lawnquisha's ten children running rampant down the aisle, then having to wait in line behind a 400lb Mary-Lou stuffed into a size 10 swimsuit with her buttcrack and body odor on display for the world. (perfect time for someone to throw in some people of walmart pics to illustrate my post).

You asked for it!!

people-of-walmart-returns.jpg

WildBillKelso

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 12, 2015
    Northshore/New Orleans
    Guns are different though. Our gun rights have been severely under attack the last few years, and it probably won't get better any time soon. I think now is the time to look beyond just who will sell you a gun, and also consider who will be standing up and supporting our rights as well.

Support your local shops that are involved with the NRA, etc.

This. It is time to circle the wagons again and open your wallet to those that support your interests.

Jed

Bloody Foreigner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    Clearwater Beach, FL
    Didn't even know Walmart sold AR's, they certainly don't out this way. I do remember grabbing the boxes of 100 .223 for $40 every chance I got though

sTeezZy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2015
    Madisonville, LA
    I enjoy supporting the local guys, because they eventually know me. They know what I like, they know what I want, and it makes for a better business relationship. I buy certain things at discount online, because I can get them cheaper, but nothing beats positive human interaction from a local shop. I usually do business at places that are quality and have shown me respect. I don't mind paying a little extra for that kind of customer service.

Walmart is fine and dandy if you want cheap stuff, but it's not worth the 80 lanes of checkout stacked 30 deep with the bums and trash.

Agreed. Local stores are a great way to get a hands-on experience. I would like to see more of the local guys move to online business as well as the store front to keep their prices competitive with the online retailers.

I usually stop by Academy or local stores for ammo simply due to the fact that once you add in shipping to online retailer prices you might as well buy from a store front.

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I usually stop by Academy or local stores for ammo simply due to the fact that once you add in shipping to online retailer prices you might as well buy from a store front.

+1

MidwayUSA is possibly the worst with this. They tacked on multiple fees and outrageous shipping charges, when all I wanted was two boxes of Critical Defense. Academy in Slidell, Covington, and Hammond had been sold out for months. Walked in to my local shop and they two boxes left for $1 more/each than Academy sells for. If the local shop and the customer service isn't worth $1 extra, something is wrong.

Top Bottom