Say no to GMO!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • we.the.people

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2012
    Lately I've been doing research on GMO's in our food and find it to be nothing shy to russian reulette.
    The effects on the body are extremely horrible, even with small amounts. There are initiatives to label
    it in some states this year but are currently unlabeled in our food supply. This is like talking politics to
    some but was just wondering if anyone else here tries to avoid GMO's?

Cochise

is not here
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Calhoun
    All organic, all the time. If it's not natural, I don't eat it...that I know of. Like you said, we need to force the FDA to force food companies to label GMO foods as what they are. Poison.

Cochise

is not here
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Calhoun
    Genetically modified foods. Specifically, foods grown from seeds genetically designed/modified to grow faster and in larger quantities and to repel insects and a host of other things that sound really good on paper, until you see the problems they create for the people/animals that eat the GMO foods.

we.the.people

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2012
    Pardon my ignorance, but what are GMOs?

In short: Genetically Modified Organisms.

Basically they take DNA from one species (virus, bacteria, animal, flora, etc.) and artificially force it into another species usually a plant using genetic engineering; proteins on gold molecules shot into a seed catching onto the nucleus of the intended molecule using a gene gun (just one way of doing so).

To give one example corn creates its own insecticide with the GMO process. Others resist round up and the list goes on and on and on... and the plants that are modifed that list is becoming endless.

This is done with animals too not only flora.

Last edited:

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    I wouldn't expect help from the FDA. Forget the 2nd Amendment, Obamacare, Internet regulation, etc. The fastest, most thorough route to absolute control over the people is control of their food.

we.the.people

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2012
    I wouldn't expect help from the FDA. Forget the 2nd Amendment, Obamacare, Internet regulation, etc. The fastest, most thorough route to absolute control over the people is control of their food.

The FDA is Big Pharmas and USDA's henchmen.

These's companies like Monsanto are modifying seeds and putting patents on them, basically owning rights to food. That is absolute control right there.... Codex Alimentarius

Last edited:

Cochise

is not here
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Calhoun
    VG, I have always wondered about the Army's food and what they put in it.
    I had a friend that enlisted after high school, he was 19 and 5'4" when he went in and 6'3" when he came out 4 years later. The first time I ran into him, once I recognized him, "I walked up and said gawd dayum, boy, what did they feed you in the Army??" And the more I thought about it, the more I had to wonder, just what had they been feeding him to make him grow nearly a foot in his early 20's.

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    I had a friend that enlisted after high school, he was 19 and 5'4" when he went in and 6'3" when he came out 4 years later. The first time I ran into him, once I recognized him, "I walked up and said gawd dayum, boy, what did they feed you in the Army??" And the more I thought about it, the more I had to wonder, just what had they been feeding him to make him grow nearly a foot in his early 20's.
    Well... I can say he just hit a growth spurt or something. Everyone I know in army has gotten shorter from runing on concrete too much and most people I know loose weight they had going in.

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell

That is bizarre, indeed. :confused:

alex

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Jun 20, 2007
    Frisco, TX & Frequently in BR
    Until people stop breeding and multiplying like cancer on this planet, you'll likely see no legislation on this.

I'm not for it, but without GMO technology you would not have enough food for the planet.

I saw a really interesting documentary on how these modified plants are also possibly destroying bee colonies.

OneStory

Warrior in God's Army
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Wandering
    Until people stop breeding and multiplying like cancer on this planet, you'll likely see no legislation on this.

I'm not for it, but without GMO technology you would not have enough food for the planet.

I saw a really interesting documentary on how these modified plants are also possibly destroying bee colonies.

Less people? You first.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom