SB118 Set for Final Passage in Senate. Constitutional Carry will need your help!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    This particular Bill passed the Senate last night and is set for final passage.

:awais:Now is the time to call or email your Legislators!!! This Senate vote begins today at 4:00pm. :awais:

If passed without Amendments in the Senate TODAY, it goes to the House; and is set to become Law if not amended or voted down there!

Get on those messages!!!!!

Last edited:

Fugum

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Metairie
    According to the NRA, it passed by a 3-2 vote. The posted story didn't name who voted for or against, it but I'm guessing the two Democrats from NO and Baton Rouge voted against, and two Republicans didn't vote

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    According to the NRA, it passed by a 3-2 vote. The posted story didn't name who voted for or against, it but I'm guessing the two Democrats from NO and Baton Rouge voted against, and two Republicans didn't vote

There are only 2 democrats on that Judiciary Committee. Of course, that is the 2 against!

There may not be a better chance to get this done than this Session. The republicans are the clear majority across the board.

On a side note; when I hear democrats making excuses for why they are against this because of the negative impacts on the black community; what they are saying is; black Louisianans cannot govern themselves and are not responsible enough to have this Right.

One of the opponents (a black man representing the La. Sheriffs Assn), actually said; "I fear that 21 year old blacks in urban areas will be popping off with their guns!"

:shocked:

I actually thought to myself as I heard this; if I were there and could speak to these guys (Murphy Paul was there too), I would say; "Look, if you guys think that black Louisianans are too irresponsible to be able to control themselves with this Constitutional Right, then put forth an Amendment in the Bill to exclude them!"

It is maddening to hear this nonsense from these so-called black leaders and never hear black citizens stand up for themselves! Black citizens should be completely insulted by the **** these phony "leaders" spout in the name of "the black community."

Last edited:

Fugum

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Metairie
    Yep, same thing when they complain voter ID laws would mostly affect the black community. You'd think minorities would be appalled at the notion they're too dumb or lazy to get an ID on their own.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    These good ole southern Democrats are playing the same old Jim Crow tune. The original gun control laws were targeted at black people. The GCA of 1968 was passed so that black people with even minor non-violent felonies could not legally own firearms. Just toss the Black Panther member in jail for whatever you want to charge him with and he can’t legally own a gun.
    Because of the early racist gun control laws, ownership of firearms is still being stigmatized in much of the Black community today.

Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    Without getting into the racial ramifications of this issue, how likely is this to pass the senate and become law? I read where if enacted it could take effect August 1, that would be terrific.

Look, whatever blacks, Hispanics, Asians, Latinos do is their problem, screw it, I have been wanting to see this proposed for the last 10 years, now finally it's here with a real chance to become law so what can derail it and does it have a real chance?

This should have been enacted when Jindal was governor.

Last edited:

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Look, whatever blacks, Hispanics, Asians, Latinos do is their problem, screw it, I have been wanting to see this proposed for the last 10 years, now finally it's here with a real chance to become law so what can derail it and does it have a real chance?

There's a few things that can derail it. RINO politicians that cower to the pearl-clutchers, and a Democratic governor that undoubtedly has his peers breathing down his neck.

I'd be most worried about John Bel vetoing it.

Mike

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    Great news that this has cleared the first hurdle! Get in touch with your State Senators and voice your support for this. Let’s put the pressure on these RINOs and Taco Behl-Edwards!

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Our *Heroes* in the Louisiana Sheriff’s Association(one of the most powerful lobbyists in Louisiana) are a much bigger problem here than JBE. They tried to stop CC permits in the early 90’s and they have been fighting Constitutional Cary for several years. The LSA seems to have trouble remembering what century it is.

Danny Abear

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2007
    Brusly, La.
    Our *Heroes* in the Louisiana Sheriff’s Association(one of the most powerful lobbyists in Louisiana) are a much bigger problem here than JBE. They tried to stop CC permits in the early 90’s and they have been fighting Constitutional Cary for several years. The LSA seems to have trouble remembering what century it is.

Thats why I keep saying next year, the 'old guard' at LSA is retiring this year

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    As someone new to LA that is extremely disappointing. Is LSA more of a political body? I have seen Law Enforcement in the past, where the folks at the top were more political and anti-2A but the rank and file always tended to pro 2A

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    As someone new to LA that is extremely disappointing. Is LSA more of a political body? I have seen Law Enforcement in the past, where the folks at the top were more political and anti-2A but the rank and file always tended to pro 2A

It does appear that every time there is a pro-gun Bill that removes a revenue stream or a prohibition in place they like (for whatever reason), or makes it easier for average citizens to get suppressors, or permits (permission slips), or removes some powers they or one of their own have over certain Parishes or cities, they come out against them.

If memory serves me correctly, they were against "Strict scrutiny" on pro-gun issues. That passed by the citizenry by over a 3 to 1 margin! That is being out of touch with their constituency.

Now, I get legitimate concerns by LE on certain issues. But the lame excuses that the people are too stupid to be able to govern themselves or handle their own Constitutional Rights is not a cogent argument. Yes; it is true. There are a lot of stupid people in this state and in this country that probably have no business using firearms. But I, and millions like me are not!

This particular Bill passed the Senate last night and is set for final passage.

:awais:Now is the time to call or email your Legislators!!! This Senate vote begins today at 4:00pm. :awais:

If passed without Amendments in the Senate TODAY, it goes to the House; and is set to become Law if not amended or voted down there!

Get on those messages!!!!!

Last edited:

Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    I'm in Jefferson Parish & St. Tammany Parish so my representation is really pretty good (Thank God), I'm really praying this moves forward for the good of the state of Louisiana as a whole. The great thing is that nearly half of the country has already gone that way so Louisiana politicians have some cover already.

You guys are damn smarter than me do you guys think it will pass? Do you think it will become law?

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I'm in Jefferson Parish & St. Tammany Parish so my representation is really pretty good (Thank God), I'm really praying this moves forward for the good of the state of Louisiana as a whole. The great thing is that nearly half of the country has already gone that way so Louisiana politicians have some cover already.

You guys are damn smarter than me do you guys think it will pass? Do you think it will become law?

Yes! There are 17 states that have Constitutional Carry! Others have very limited restrictions! There are several more that will come on board with that this year.

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    According to La.gov it says pending senate final passage -Scheduled for 4/26/21
    Excellent news! Great work. I have been in touch my State Senator since I moved here last summer and have been consistently hitting him up on Constitutional Carry, Taxes and a few other issues. Good timing, I suppose!

Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    From what I'm reading it seems like we have a better than average chance of Constitutional Carry becoming law in Louisiana. We have a big Republican majority, thank goodness, that will get this to the Governors desk and he should sign it. It really looks like we're going to be legally able to carry firearms without permit in Louisiana.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom