SB212 and Trust

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    With SB212 looming if you think there is anty chance you might need a Trust in the future now is the time to get one done. Two members here are doing a great job knocking them out quickly at affordable rates:

Mouthpiece

and

JCypress

This isn't a party you wan't to arrive late to. Don't let the whims of local politicians stop you from owning a Suppressor or SBR.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Anyone around Lafayette ?

With SB212 looming if you think there is anty chance you might need a Trust in the future now is the time to get one done. Two members here are doing a great job knocking them out quickly at affordable rates:

Mouthpiece

and

JCypress

This isn't a party you wan't to arrive late to. Don't let the whims of local politicians stop you from owning a Suppressor or SBR.

speedster

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    My father and I just went through Joey (JCcypress) a couple weeks ago just to cover all our bases. $300 plus a couple phone calls and I was good to go within a week. Better safe than sorry.

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    I'm trying to get going on one now. Not sure on what though. I don't have a .308 anymore but I have 2-300 win mags and my AR's and a ruger 10/22
    But I might would buy a .308 just to suppress it.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Just purchased another can today from Michael Smith at MEJ Services. It is a Silencerco Warlock II.

He also had a couple yugo Krink SBRs for sale.

jjoker16

Rating - 98.3%
    57   1   0
    Jan 23, 2008
    Ascension Parish
    So if you already have a trust and NFA items listed in that trust. Obviously those items are safe.

Now, with said trust, if atf 41P is passed will the benefits of the trust be void?

JCcypress

Gun Trust Lawyer
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    So if you already have a trust and NFA items listed in that trust. Obviously those items are safe.

Now, with said trust, if atf 41P is passed will the benefits of the trust be void?

Not entirely. In its current form, they are pushing to have 1) any "responsible parties" - essentially anyone who will have access to the NFA items - go through the photo, fingerprint, background check process, and 2) will require a CLEO sign-off.

You will still retain the advantages associated with 1) multiple people having access to the items, 2) no $200 tax to transfer to a party included in the trust, and I believe 3) e-filing, which saves months of waiting time per item.

It's a ridiculous proposal that attempts to fix a problem that doesn't exist.

Edit to add: A more in depth analysis:

http://blog.princelaw.com/2013/08/3...hecks-for-fictitious-entity-nfa-applications/

http://blog.princelaw.com/2013/09/0...corporate-entity-given-atfs-proposal-atf-41p/

fun2drv

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2014
    Shreveport
    New to the hobby, but long term shooter. Want to buy a couple and set up a trust. Who is Kenny? and where do I contact him? I'm in Shreveport.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gordoloco
    Top Bottom