SBR and suppressor in Ascension Parish

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yamatitan

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 27, 2009
    Prairieville, LA
    Ok I think im gonna build a AR pistol and then do the paperwork to SBR it. My first question is how hard is it to get the sign off in Ascension parish? While im at it I might as well get a suppressor/silencer. What would be a good place to get one? Precision? I would like to keep it as close to Prairieville as possible cause this is my first time doing class III and im gonna need some help with the paperwork. Third what is a good silencer for .223/5.56 that could also be put on a ruger 10/22? Its going to be mostly for the .223 my price limit is 1000 before the tax stamp. Thanks for the help.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    Easy to get sign off. Drop it off at the courthouse and a few days later you get a call to pick it up. He's signed two form 1s for me with no issue.

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    Easy to get sign off. Drop it off at the courthouse and a few days later you get a call to pick it up. He's signed two form 1s for me with no issue.

If Wiley is there, He will sign on the spot, but the norm is a couple days and you get your stuff signed.

as for the trust, I recall seeing some mention of ATF confiscating some guys CIII toys, due to a trust not being set up correctly just a few weeks ago. :o

madmax4x4

HONKY
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    New Orleans
    Do a trust...
    didn't think you could do a living trust in Louisiana? You can do a corp. S corp. That's extra cost up front and 25.00 a year if you don't already use one for tax purposes it will be a bit of a waste of money.

On willmaker it say's Louisiana is the only state you can not form a real trust.

Last edited:

cajun 22

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Houma, LA
    Willmaker trust are a no-go for LA. I have a trust that a lawyer drew up for me and no problem with the growing stamp collection. One thing to think about is what will happen to your toys if something happens to you. With a trust, LLC, or Corp, your officers can transfer the items the next day. With the paperwork in your name it would be bad news for anyone to possess the item until it would transfer to your surviving spouse or heir.

Good Luck

yamatitan

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 27, 2009
    Prairieville, LA
    Alright well ive never got the ball rolling on this and am ready to. To get the signoff I go to the courthouse in gonzales? Where do I need to go particularly, do you just say you need Wiley to sign some paperwork?

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    Alright well ive never got the ball rolling on this and am ready to. To get the signoff I go to the courthouse in gonzales? Where do I need to go particularly, do you just say you need Wiley to sign some paperwork?

go to the back and there is an elevator. take it to the 2nd floor and walk down the hall, 1st or 2nd door on the left.

or just ask someone where sheriff wiley's office is.

Top Bottom