SBR Question:

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ProZack

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 1, 2015
    Houma,La
    Did some research but not finding the information I'm looking for. I picked up a lower today and plan on building my first sbr main thing is am I required to register it at a sbr and can I build it in the process of the paper work being done etc.

Thanks

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    Build it with a pistol buffer tube and a brace of your choosing while you wait for your forms to get approved, there are several guides to applying for NFA stuff around here. On the whole it isn't a difficult process, just a bit tedious.

ProZack

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 1, 2015
    Houma,La
    but it is 100% legal to build up the pistol style with the buffer tube. long as you dont have a foregrip and stock ect. correct?

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    but it is 100% legal to build up the pistol style with the buffer tube. long as you dont have a foregrip and stock ect. correct?

Build a pistol while your form 1 is pending approval(that includes a pistol buffer tube, a stabilizing brace, or cheek rest just nothing that is designed with the intent of being shouldered aka buttstock)...when your stamp arrives then put the buttstock of your choice and get it engraved with the appropriate description. Have fun!

And no vertical foregrip until a sbr!

Last edited:

ProZack

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 1, 2015
    Houma,La
    Build a pistol while your form 1 is pending approval(that includes a pistol buffer tube, a stabilizing brace, or cheek rest just nothing that is designed with the intent of being shouldered aka buttstock)...when your stamp arrives then put the buttstock of your choice and get it engraved with the appropriate description. Have fun!

And no vertical foregrip until a sbr!

Thanks!

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    be ready to wait..... sent 2 sbr stamps off in june, just got one back last week and waiting on the other......, but yes go pistol, then convert, only takes about 5 mins to swap back over when stamp is approved

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    They are almost caught up with the pre-41F forms, I think the wait time will drop off pretty dramatically after that.

Top Bottom