SCAR

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gumbo

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    Just read that FN is going to start selling 16" replacement barrel assemblies for the 16 and 17 and 10" CQC barrels for 16. :rockon:

Crimson

Hk convert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Monroe, La
    Just read that FN is going to start selling 16" replacement barrel assemblies for the 16 and 17 and 10" CQC barrels for 16. :rockon:

HELLZZ YEAH!!!!

now where can I find a scar 16s for 1,900 I have cash!!! Or will I just have to wait until next payday?

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    Thats nice. Now how about some 17 mags, please. And I'm not talking about the ones for $125 +++ on gunraper.com :rolleyes: I'm talking going on FN website and order up 20 factory mags at $40 each and get them delivered on the brown truck of fun in a week like it was absolutely no big deal. That will make me :boink:!!

Crimson

Hk convert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Monroe, La
    Thats nice. Now how about some 17 mags, please. And I'm not talking about the ones for $125 +++ on gunraper.com :rolleyes: I'm talking going on FN website and order up 20 factory mags at $40 each and get them delivered on the brown truck of fun in a week like it was absolutely no big deal. That will make me :boink:!!

They are accepting pre-orders on their website finally!!!

Gumbo

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Lafayette

I gotta believe Magpul or someone is going to capitalize on the demand.

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    I gotta believe Magpul or someone is going to capitalize on the demand.
    You'd think, but if I'm not mistaken, the SCAR 17s started rolling out in mid '08 and had been talked about for probably a year before that. So in 4+ years nobody in the aftermarket has stepped up? Something just don't smell right. I'd have a 17 right now if there were properly priced mags available, but I'm not going to drop almost $3K on a safe queen.

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    You'd think, but if I'm not mistaken, the SCAR 17s started rolling out in mid '08 and had been talked about for probably a year before that. So in 4+ years nobody in the aftermarket has stepped up? Something just don't smell right. I'd have a 17 right now if there were properly priced mags available, but I'm not going to drop almost $3K on a safe queen.

I'd imagine there's far less of a market than you think.

Maybe enough to justify the expense of re-tooling some machines, but not for R&D, off setting the cost of having those machines turn out other items, etc.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    There are several people working on SCAR-H mags. I talked to 2 of them today at SHOT apparently the issue is recoil. The recoil impulse destroys mags. It is also destroying optics and mounts so those of you that bought this thing good look.

goteron

Unity Tactical
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Houma, LA
    I really wanted a SCAR-H until yesterday. The fact that it's breaking magazines is a bad sign. Also talked to a lot of people in the know. I'm convinced it's not the answer.

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    I'd take the SCAR-H. The SCAR 17, however... :p

Actually, I've heard a lot of chatter on the SCAR-H (never the civvie version) suffering from a walking zero-- with irons and optics alike, in the hands of folks who KNOW for sure that it's the gun and not something they've done wrong. Add to that the shearing pins on the platforms folding buttstock, and now the destruction of mags and rings and optics... Meh.

I ran into someone kind enough to let me shoot their 16 and 17, in very limited capacity, and felt like both rifles handled well and the felt recoil of the 17 was indeed as claimed. And I managed to avoid the reciprocating charging handle t'boot! But for a serious use rifle, I'm still a bit leery-- especially with the previously limited selection of barrels, which basically nuked one of the bigger selling points.

Top Bottom