Schmidt Bender Question

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Barney88PDC

SEND IT
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    They have very good glass. What it is worth to you is all relative. I didn't like the adjustments as I felt the clicks were too close together and I was not in love with the P4F retical. That coupled with most PM-II models are CW instead of CCW elevation was a turn off for me. What are your intentions for the scope and what model are you considering?

gr460

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Covington, LA
    I was just thinking of changing out my Nightforce. Target shooting for now and maybe competition shooting when I feel my skills are good enough. I have never looked through one or touched one for that matter. I was just wondering what justified the cost difference between the Nightforce.

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    I was just thinking of changing out my Nightforce. Target shooting for now and maybe competition shooting when I feel my skills are good enough. I have never looked through one or touched one for that matter. I was just wondering what justified the cost difference between the Nightforce.

Like Nike says: "Just do it."

I hear this all of the time, and it seems pretty silly. Rather than spending the money on more expensive glass that will not help you hit the target any better, especially at your apparent skill level, spend your money on ammunition and whatever incidentals you may need to shoot F Class and go to a match. If you have a 100 yard zero, we can get you on target on your first shot. You will learn more about shooting in one day then you have likely learned to date.

Why are people so hesitant? Now that more of you have come out and tried it, what would your advice be to shooters with appropriate rifles? Speak up so the rest will understand that there is nothing to be afraid of. You WILL NOT shoot a perfect score so get over it.

Dan

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Just do it, it is fun/challenging, no one is going to laugh at you, not in your face anyway unless you encourage it, last weekend was my first time shooting 600 yards, at the end of the day we had 30 sec. to make one shot, everyone had to take all the dope off their gun, clock starts, you read the wind, dial dope and break the shot, well the paper was safe this shot as I dialed with the wind :rofl: once I realized what I did I busted out laughing, turned to the guy next to me and said you won't believe what I just did, no big deal I'v done that before :dogkeke:

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    I own a S&B Short Dot. I like it a lot. With US Optics I can get glass nearly as good I mean 85-90% as good and they will build what I want to my specs and with my choice of reticle. So I am willing to trade the difference in the clarity of the glass. That being said I have very little expirence with the Higher Power S&B Optics.

Barney88PDC

SEND IT
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    It is always a good idea to get behind as many scopes in the tier you are interested in before making an uninformed decision. If you are in the market for a top tier optic I would suggest trying NF, USO, S&B, Premier, and Zeiss Hensoldt if you have the ability before making a selection. I did not like CW elevation turret on the S&B that is standard on most european optics and did not want to wait 6 months to order a custom scope with a CCW elevation turret. That with the fact that I like the Gen2 XR retical over the P4F (the Gen2 XR is no longer offered through S&B) swayed me to the Preimer over the S&B. I was not able to look through a Zeiss Hensoldt so that was not in the running due to that reason. NF currently does not have a FFP in the 22x range.

Do your research and find what models have the options you want. It is hard to sift through all the cheerleader post of people saying brand X is the best because they or a buddy have one but have not even looked through other manufactures comperable models. Do your homework and get informed before dropping cash on anything. Especially optics.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom