Score for the citizen!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • D-DAY

The Bronx Bull
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 16, 2006
    Hammond
    So you started a pissing contest to bemoan the irony of someone who starts pissing contests complaining about pissing contests?
    This is not a pissing contest yet. I merely pointed something out with sarcasm, just like many of you do daily around here.

doc ace

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Pineville/Deville
    How many people do you know personally that are in your definition, Firearm Experts?

That's like saying men that bass fish everyday, bringing home an ice chest full, yet aren't on the pro tour, aren't expert bass fishermen. Or men that don't have a hunting show, yet fill their deer tags every year, aren't deer hunting experts.

Do they need PhD at the end of their signature, or have a gnarly beard, and sell cool ass products?

S&W4ME

I'm kind of a big deal
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Walker, LA
    Well before you are classified a firearms expert, you have to be Yeager approved :rolleyes:

James-Yeager-Angel-Approved.jpg

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    Not really.

I know officers that can strip their weapons and reassemble them blind folded and they still can't hit the silhouette!

On the one hand they are experts in the mechanics of their weapons, but not the applications.

True. And don't forget, not all cops are "gun" people. They use it as a tool in the performance of their duties, but they don't take any further.

They know the basics and can can qualify, but outside their own duty weapon, many don't own another firearm.

doc ace

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Pineville/Deville
    True. And don't forget, not all cops are "gun" people. They use it as a tool in the performance of their duties, but they don't take any further.

They know the basics and can can qualify, but outside their own duty weapon, many don't own another firearm.

Right, are there not a good bit of you who are on the opposite end of this spectrum as well?

tibodoe

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Baton Rouge

This is what I believe to be true.
    I wanted to point out that a portion of the general public and some in the media, see them as more.

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    I would say that the majority, at least in my sphere still are "gun" people.

There are a few that don't seem to have any interest in the hobby aspect, but they are more the exception than the rule.

I would agree with the statement that "because someone is an LEO or Vet that they are automatically an expert on firearms", is incorrect.

Last edited:

doc ace

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Pineville/Deville
    Lead, I understand you, I get what you are saying, but if you have a bead drawn on you by a LEO, unknown to you if he is an expert or not, would you err on the side of caution that the man, just actually might be? More often than not I would.

If any of you were to pull me over and **** escalated to the point that you had a weapon drawn on me, my mind wouldn't be like, " Okay, Cop, Gun, probably doesn't hit the paper, I'm running."

That's what I'm trying to get at.

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    my mind wouldn't be like, " Okay, Cop, Gun, probably doesn't hit the paper, I'm running."

Oh absolutely. And believe it or not, I HAVE been on the business end of another agencies officer's gun (he didn't know my ID), and my mind was totally; "I need to do whatever I am told to de-escalate this situation or I may very well be shot."

One thing I have often thought about is this. Take NYPD for instance. Seems to me that whenever there is an NYPD officer involved shooting, WAY too many rounds are fired and often times civilians are injured by the police. My personal opinion on this, and I have absolutely nothing factual to base it on, but I believe this may be because of the individuals that are involved may not have any prior firearms experience prior to joining the NYPD.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Just to name a few,

Because there are way too many people on this forum that have a chip on their shoulder where police are concerned and will never give them the benefit of the doubt nor have the ability to actually understand what law enforcement is and how it functions.

Because there are too many people on here who think that high scores on Call Of Duty, Grand Theft Auto, or Medal of Honor makes them experts on everything there is to know about every subject there is and will ignorantly get into pissing matches with real experts.

Because there are too many people on here that are closet sovereign citizens or think they are.

Hey, everybody! :wavey:

Now even though I have been labeled a tin foil adorning, anarchist that can't wait for legal heroin to get here, I will share an unbiased observation to this.

I understand these types of threads start a lot of crap, and **** the LEO contingent off. Then you guys snap back, and then the pissing starts and e-dick measuring begins.

BP, do you really care if some person you don't know rambles on about this? I get that you guys in LE may have a thankless job, and some have chips on THEIR shoulders. Conversely, I bet many in LE actually love their work and take pride in it to the letter of their oath. Good! But to discount that there are enough police officers around the country that don't understand the laws they are supposed to uphold not warranting concern is ludicrous.

If anyone cheerleads against LEOs just to hear themselves, that's just ridiculous! And sure, there may be a few on here, but they are very few and they usually can't stay in or on the topic when it gets hot.

From my tin foil wearing, legal heroin desiring perspective (as per Mr. Sunshine), I would believe that at the very least ALL LEOs around the country should have a rudimentary understanding of the laws pertaining to firearms. On top of too many laws already? Of course. That's a whole other story, but the there are many laws on the books pertaining to common issues you guys will encounter that require more understanding then say jaywalking on a Sunday.

Point being, if a poster is just being antagonistic; he/she will most likely get creamed for it. However, before everyone gets all pissy pantsy, let's discuss the subject on it merits (or not), and stop automatically assuming that every story that involves a possibly uninformed or possibly improperly trained cop; or even an overaggressive cop, is a personal attack on you BayouShooter LEOs.

Because quite frankly, there is a difference.

Last edited:

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish

Now even though I have been labeled a tin foil adorning, anarchist that can't wait for legal heroin to get here, I will share an unbiased observation to this.

I understand these types of threads start a lot of crap, and **** the LEO contingent off. Then you guys snap back, and then the pissing starts and e-dick measuring begins.

BP, do you really care if some person you don't know rambles on about this? I get that you guys in LE may have a thankless job, and some have chips on THEIR shoulders. Conversely, I bet many in LE actually love their work and take pride in it to the letter of their oath. Good! But to discount that there are enough police officers around the country that don't understand the laws they are supposed to uphold not warranting concern is ludicrous.

If anyone cheerleads against LEOs just to hear themselves, that's just ridiculous! And sure, there may be a few on here, but they are very few and they usually can't stay in or on the topic when it gets hot.

From my tin foil wearing, legal heroin desiring perspective (as per Mr. Sunshine), I would believe that at the very least ALL LEOs around the country should have a rudimentary understanding of the laws pertaining to firearms. On top of too many laws already? Of course. That's a whole other story, but the there are many laws on the books pertaining to common issues you guys will encounter that require more understanding then say jaywalking on a Sunday.

Point being, if a poster is just being antagonistic; he/she will most likely get creamed for it. However, before everyone gets all pissy pantsy, let's discuss the subject on it merits (or not), and stop automatically assuming that every story that involves a possibly uninformed or possibly improperly trained cop; or even an overaggressive cop, is a personal attack on you BayouShooter LEOs.

I know this was not directed entirely at me, but I would like to respond.

If you will notice, when these topics do show up, I will 99% of the time, take the bait and reply. However, when I do, you will notice that unlike those who over-generalize about all cops, I take the position (and I do believe others do as well) that cops are human beings and sometimes act in ways that are contrary to the way we as a society would expect them to, BUT, usually when the entire story is known, the supposed wrongdoing alleged against the cop in question usually turns out be A) FALSE or B) the situation is didn't go down as sensationally as purported originally.

It is my sincere intent to keep things civil, even when constantly bashed by a few individuals here who obviously have something in their background that leads them to believe that all law enforcement officers are monsters and are hell bent on destroying their lives, liberty and mere existence.

It appears that these people enjoy nothing more than attempting to pull up instance after instance where their view of the world is verified, but very often these things just aren't true.

You are free to believe anything you wish, this is still America. But, I don't spend my time picking on a particular race, sex, or profession and constantly trying to vilify them, I don't understand their constant need to do so to police officers.

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA

I've gone way over board in the past explaining how LEOs are trained to deal with certain situations in an attempt for everyone to understand.

And every single time, the OPs and the pilers-on are not interested in facts, but only in their imaginary view of the situation.

No I really don't care one bit what some twenty-something that still lives at home with mom and dad thinks.

And I have learned my lesson.
    I don't try to explain anymore.
    After training cops for as many years as I did, I don't think I have to.

But I do reserve the right to respond as sarcastically as I possibly can.

And I reserve the right to not discuss things on their "merits" because if you are honest with yourself and look back on these topics you will see, just as I said in my first sentence, they aren't interested in the merits.

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    I know this was not directed entirely at me, but I would like to respond.

If you will notice, when these topics do show up, I will 99% of the time, take the bait and reply. However, when I do, you will notice that unlike those who over-generalize about all cops, I take the position (and I do believe others do as well) that cops are human beings and sometimes act in ways that are contrary to the way we as a society would expect them to, BUT, usually when the entire story is known, the supposed wrongdoing alleged against the cop in question usually turns out be A) FALSE or B) the situation is didn't go down as sensationally as purported originally.

It is my sincere intent to keep things civil, even when constantly bashed by a few individuals here who obviously have something in their background that leads them to believe that all law enforcement officers are monsters and are hell bent on destroying their lives, liberty and mere existence.

It appears that these people enjoy nothing more than attempting to pull up instance after instance where their view of the world is verified, but very often these things just aren't true.

You are free to believe anything you wish, this is still America. But, I don't spend my time picking on a particular race, sex, or profession and constantly trying to vilify them, I don't understand their constant need to do so to police officers.

Yet, you attack me randomly even though I just expressed my opinion.. I would not **** on you if you were on fire..

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    Yet, you attack me randomly even though I just expressed my opinion.. I would not **** on you if you were on fire..

If I believe your opinion to be misinformed, misguided, uneducated, wrong, stupid, idiotic, or otherwise contrary to common sense as I personally interpret it, I will indeed call you on it.

It is my sincere intent that A) I am never on fire or B) In the position that you pissing on me for any reason would be a desirable thing.

And this boils down to what I am getting at... If you don't like ME personally, thats fine. I can understand that. If you don't like another particular person who is a law enforcement officer, thats fine too, there are many cops that I think are dicks. But what we have on BS is that ALL COPS ARE BASTARDS, which is certainly not the truth.

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I've gone way over board in the past explaining how LEOs are trained to deal with certain situations in an attempt for everyone to understand.

And every single time, the OPs and the pilers-on are not interested in facts, but only in their imaginary view of the situation.

No I really don't care one bit what some twenty-something that still lives at home with mom and dad thinks.

And I have learned my lesson.
    I don't try to explain anymore.
    After training cops for as many years as I did, I don't think I have to.

But I do reserve the right to respond as sarcastically as I possibly can.

And I reserve the right to not discuss things on their "merits" because if you are honest with yourself and look back on these topics you will see, just as I said in my first sentence, they aren't interested in the merits.

I am always honest with myself! Your assessment is duly noted!

And may I add, this makes me laugh every time I read your posts. :mamoru:

Originally Posted by svt
    .... but here's a cop hating website that posted more details

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gordoloco
    Top Bottom