Score for the citizen!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I have been lurking here for years. I mainly just watch the antics and drop the occasional post. I pretty much know how most of you are, how you post, and who you are going to side with. I don't usually get involved in things I know little about, but in that subject I am we'll versed.

It's funny to me how when we are talking about the "cop threads", the officers complain about those who argue with them and refuse to acknowledge that they, the officers, are the "real experts". For some odd reason, that respect for the expert did not seem to be reciprocated in the heroin thread.

So your contention is that being in an occupation which leads you to dealing with heroine addicts on a regular basis doesn't lend itself to knowing about heroine addicts?

D-DAY

The Bronx Bull
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 16, 2006
    Hammond
    So starting an argument in a totally unrelated thread is all good, but god forbid you get called a derp. You don't see anything backwards about that?
    Wait a sec. You guys get to run rampant pissing in threads, being rude and sarcastic, and starting crap all the time. Pot meet kettle.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    I have been lurking here for years. I mainly just watch the antics and drop the occasional post. I pretty much know how most of you are, how you post, and who you are going to side with. I don't usually get involved in things I know little about, but in that subject I am we'll versed.

It's funny to me how when we are talking about the "cop threads", the officers complain about those who argue with them and refuse to acknowledge that they, the officers, are the "real experts". For some odd reason, that respect for the expert did not seem to be reciprocated in the heroin thread.

I'm sorry, but I've spent a long time working in narcotics. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but your contact with Heroin addicts at the counter is a little less than mine out in the street.

I'm sorry if that offends you.

JR1572

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Wait a sec. You guys get to run rampant pissing in threads, being rude and sarcastic, and starting crap all the time. Pot meet kettle.

Difference being, I don't try to claim moral high ground while pulling up my pants from shitting in a thread.

D-DAY

The Bronx Bull
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 16, 2006
    Hammond
    I'm sorry, but I've spent a long time working in narcotics. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but your contact with Heroin addicts at the counter is a little less than mine out in the street.

I'm sorry if that offends you.

JR1572
    There's that chip! I'm glad you think you know me. I see you entirely missed my points in the other thread.

You do realize that your job is but one aspect of the "drug game". Supply side enforcement. It has failed. Until you understand the demand side, you are wasting tons of money and time chasing your tail.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    There's that chip! I'm glad you think you know me. I see you entirely missed my points in the other thread.

You do realize that your job is but one aspect of the "drug game". Supply side enforcement. It has failed. Until you understand the demand side, you are wasting tons of money and time chasing your tail.

I thought the addicts were the demand side?

D-DAY

The Bronx Bull
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 16, 2006
    Hammond
    Difference being, I don't try to claim moral high ground while pulling up my pants from shitting in a thread.
    Yea, nothing has ever derailed when you started posting. But I'll bow out. I made my point and a mess here. Apologies to the OP and anyone who's still reading.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA

It's not a chip. It's just me stating a fact and you having a problem with it for whatever reason.

JR1572

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Yea, nothing has ever derailed when you started posting. But I'll bow out. I made my point and a mess here. Apologies to the OP and anyone who's still reading.

One question before you now out, what is the basis for your expertise on illegal drugs, their consumption, addiction, etc?

pulpsmack

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Red Stick
    \
    One thing I have often thought about is this. Take NYPD for instance. Seems to me that whenever there is an NYPD officer involved shooting, WAY too many rounds are fired and often times civilians are injured by the police. My personal opinion on this, and I have absolutely nothing factual to base it on, but I believe this may be because of the individuals that are involved may not have any prior firearms experience prior to joining the NYPD.

Here is a generalization (and perhaps an olive branch) for you all based on my own experience:

While Police forces everywhere have their share of gun guys and slouches, good eggs and bad apples, I can tell you (based on my experience at least) that the superior breed is the thin blue line south of the Mason-Dixon. Southern cops grow up into gun culture, have a much higher likelihood of interest, and stand a better chance of being informed in this field. Northern cops are the opposite (in my experience) and far more likely to be ignorant of the laws, having little personal interest in the issue and generally erring on the side of over-regulation. I remember working out with a cop up north at the sunset of the AWB and how he was crying about how the streets would be filled with "machine guns" now.

The way I see it is this... you boys in blue down here have a right to be defensive of certain attitudes and stories based on your knowledge, skill and understanding as well as the guys that work with you when others throw out BS based on conduct that is mostly foreign to your neck of the woods and the guys who serve with you. On the other hand, (at the risk of misusing a term I never use) there IS a shitload of "derp" going on in other places in the country with cops, and though there is a brotherhood under the shield, I am telling you (in my experience) not all cops are created equally, especially by region, and a fair number of these guys who don't have the love or the knowledge certainly don't deserve your aid or the benefit of the doubt from others.

When I get pulled over down here, I inform the officer I am carrying. The officer is calm and professional. Occasionally we have a few words about what I am carrying, and more often than not, the cop courteously lets me off with a warning. I am not saying there aren't some great, friendly and merciful officers up north, but my attitude and expectations go 180 degrees the second I get a certain distance north of LA. Like the people they protect and serve in that state, they tend to be real uptight assholes.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gordoloco
    Top Bottom