Scouting a WMA

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • marcw85

Hotter than a $2 pistol
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    Thibodaux, LA
    I want to get back into hunting. I was thinking of try to get a hog at the pearl river wma. Before though i want to scout it and see what its like. I read the hog hunting thread a while back and its got me interested. If I'm scouting will i be able to open carry a side arm? Or a rifle for that matter? also I've seen that there are times when you cant rifle hunt hogs but I can't find the regs for it. Any help will be appreciated

tbone

Threadender
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If you have a concealed carry permit you can carry a sidearm on a WMA when you would normally not be allowed.
    Without a CCP, you can carry only the firearm that is allowed for the season that is open at the time.
    If deer is not open, you can only have a rimfire or a shotgun with only certain sized pellets. (More details in the pamphlet).

The laws on WMA's are as numerous as Carter's little liver pills as they tried to legislate illegal activity out of existence.

Get a pamphlet and read and reread the general hunting regulations, the WMA general hunting regulations and the specific WMA regulations and the call the Hammond office for questions you are bound to have.

mtalbert

Deer Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    Monroe
    Yeah you can only hunt them with whatever weapon is in season. Also pay special attention to shot size. If its squirrel season you can't be carrying around buck shot. Like stated above Read, Reread, call the LWF Those WMAs are a wardens playground.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

tashle1

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Pointe coupee
    Yes, you can cc if you have a ccp, but you can only hunt hogs (or whatever)on wmas with whatever firearm that is legal to use for the season that is open. So, if it's small game and archery deer season you may only hunt with a rimfire cartridge smaller than .22 cal, shotgun with no larger than bb lead or f steel, or bow and arrow. Read and reread the pamphlet.

Top Bottom