Scrap yard help

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jrfount

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Livingston, La
    Does anyone have any advice on somewhere in the BR area where I can have a fiberglass boat and aluminum trailer disposed of? They must be able to issue a certificate of destruction for both items.

swagge1

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I once went to a scapyard off Airline Hwy in Baton Rouge past Academy Sports to sell a busted aluminum wheel. Try giving them a call.

Contractors Salvage & Drum Co
    7017 Airline Highway, Baton Rouge, LA
    (225) 357-5168 ‎

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    Do a search, similar question asked not too long ago.
    What is the purpose of a "certificate of destruction"?
    Someone paranoid?
    Why not destroy it, have some fun and make money all at the same time?
    The aluminum is worth money in scrap value, sell the axle seperate if it is functional. Remove the VIN from the trailer and remove the hull ID frm the boat. Take a chainsaw to the hull, blast it, whatever and if you don't have a place to dispose of it, take the remains to the parish dump.
    There are a couple of boats buried on my property along with a bronco and a couple of motorcycles, they make great erosion protection.

jrfount

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Livingston, La
    I couldn't and still can't find any reference to someone already asking if anyone knows of a scrap yard that will destroy a fiberglass hull and it's trailer as well as issue a certificate of destruction.

Like I said earlier this isn't my property, it is actually company property. The bosses need to be able to prove to corporate that we are actually destroying unrepairable items and not just listing them as beyond repair.

All though the Al is in fact worth some money it is worth less than the cost to have the hull destroyed soooo we turn in both items and offset or costs to a degree.

Akajun

Go away,Batin...
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Brusly
    You will not find a scrap yard that will take a fiberglass boat. You can take it to a Landfill and get a reciept from them, maybe? Then take the trailer to a scrap yard and get a reciept. Or take it to me,( I'll use the axle's) and I'll give you a reciept that I destroyed it.

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    I will bust it all up, on video and write you a receipt saying I did so, wont cost you much.
    The only place that will take a fiberglass hull is the dump, and they dont give anything other than a receipt for the $ you paid to dump there.

jrfount

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Livingston, La
    Different question and the answers don't seem to apply. I could go to a dozen scrap yards with a truck fiberglass hulls are a different matter. Thanks to all with legitimate advice.

Commander 007

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    Try the landfill on LA22 in Sorrento. They use to charge $20 a truck load of anything as long as it was not a hazard

Top Bottom