Screw Directv

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RedNeckRuger

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    New Orleans, LA
    Why the hell does Directv see the need to increase my bill and charge me a monthly fee for a receiver that I purchased. It is time to start looking for a new provider. I really do not understand how they offer their new customers the world and treat their loyal customers like sh!t. Have I mentioned that I am pissed. $71 frikin dollars for a choice plus package and no HD nor any premium channels. WTF is wrong with this situation?? The ice in the whiskey is melting. //End Rant

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    Join the club...I've had DirecTV for almost 7 years and my bill has increased annually like clockwork without any corresponding increase in services...:mad:

Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    Seems like most major companies are like that. I have no luck with anything I have a contract with (Conns, att, centennial, and directv). We just signed up with directv a few months ago. If I ever have problems of a company trying to screw me, I call and b*tch and b*tch until they change something. Works most of the time.

RedNeckRuger

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    New Orleans, LA
    Seems like most major companies are like that. I have no luck with anything I have a contract with (Conns, att, centennial, and directv). We just signed up with directv a few months ago. If I ever have problems of a company trying to screw me, I call and b*tch and b*tch until they change something. Works most of the time.

I just finished b*tching at them with no results. It is a good thing that I am almost drunk. I really do not get it. If I were to treat my customers like theses a$$holes do, I would be out of business.

RedNeckRuger

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    New Orleans, LA
    AT&T U-Verse is awesome if it's available to you. Even better if you package it with the internet and home phone.

Unfortunately we do not have it in my hood. I have some buddies in Birmingham that have it and love it. I am on AT&T's list to be notified as soon as it is available. If they would just give me free HD like they do for their new customers, I would shut the hell up.

DuckYou

Angry Wiener
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I got really drunk one night and took home Directv and had my way with her. When I woke up I was surprised to find 2 midgets and a Taiwanese boy in bed with me.... I will never screw Directv again!

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    If I ever have problems of a company trying to screw me, I call and b*tch and b*tch until they change something. Works most of the time.

Tried it too...I don't think the service rep on the under end of the phone knew enough English to understand what I was saying...:eh:

Xenon

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jul 30, 2010
    Metairie
    U Verse is probably awesome, but it aint cheap either after the first 6 mos. I'm still with Cox, but would be up for a cheaper, better alternative

LongGoneDays

Mine. Not yours.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Shreveport, LA
    I recently noticed they changed the extra units from $5 to $6 each without warning.
    Seeing as how I have a decent package and Im able to use 2 receivers at another home for my grandmother and aunt, no worries.

:)

Im out of contract too, heavily discounted and just referred a friend so thats another $100 over 10 months. I guess I wont call and bitch about $2 a month.

Last edited:

madmax4x4

HONKY
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    New Orleans
    I stick with the rabbit ears. I didn't watch cable when I had it for free. When it was on my girlfriend was always watching Bravo. When the free cable stopped one day after 2+ years I was going to have it turned on but never got around to it. That was 5 years ago.

dustyk70

Shamed Liberty
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Leesville, La./ Morocco
    Hey, I am in the same situation. I have paid 130$ a month for 5 years.(I have all the movie channels and 2 locals). I called to get a hd-dvr and they said it would cost me 320$ and I flipped out, I called dish network and got the lowdown on thier prices and I called directv to cancel, they said why do you want to cancel and as you said I told them you treat new customers like gold and the old customers like ****.... After the long pause he said " well put it this way They are going to be installing a new hd-dvr, a new hd receiver and installing new dish and all the cables", also they are knocking off 30$ per month for 6 months.... Had to haggle a little. All for FREEEEE..... Just when you get good and pissed off call dish network and take notes. Call Directv and lay it down for them... They will cave in... I hate dish network, but I had to get thier prices and the such. but I was so pissed that I was ready to change... I think everyone should do this. Maybe they will get the hint..

Last edited:

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    I had Charter cable and internet, hated their cust service, worst ever. I moved and got Cox, like the service, but hated the price. Moved again, dropped Cox except for internet, got Directtv, saving a ton now due to "new customer and referal discount (my Mom)! All these company will try and screw you, I just called today and cancelled my free Stars and Cinemax channels, took an act of congress to get them to do it and they keep trying to give me more discounts, but I want cheap package, not adding a dam thing.

Bam Bam

Last edited:

homeslice

Be honest.
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    St. Charles Parish
    Here's what's been bothering me about DTV. Wife and I like to watch instant new release movies. Used to be you could just tune into the channel and select purchase! Apparently we weren't getting charged for it so they removed the feature. No biggie, I can select the movie I want to rent on my DTV app on iPhone. Well, last night I tried it and IT was removed too. So, only option left is to call DTV and eat the 1.xx service fee plus cost of movie (4.99). I think Im going to look into cox lol.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    People still use DIRECTV? Strange....

Here's what I did.

I had all intentions on leaving DIRECTV a few years ago. But before I went I was going to get my money's worth.

So I called customer service and threaten to leave. Here's where your bargain skills have to come in. Seriously you can almost customize ANYTHING you want and they'll try and give it to you to simply keep you with them. We ended up getting 10% off our monthly bill for the next 6 months. About 5 Sports Channels, HBO, SHOWTIME and STARZ for FREE for the next 6 months they then stated that in 6 months I'd have to call and cancel these channels or I'd be charged the full price.

I called 24 hours before the Deadline :D

Believe me, if you tell them you’re going to Dish Network, they'll start laying out all sorts of goodies. DO NOT BE AFRAID to try and broker a deal. You'd be amazed at just how much control the Customer Service desk has over your account. A tap of the mouse and you could have the Premium Package for 6 months Free. So brokering a Few channels is really easy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gordoloco
    Top Bottom