Sean Payton goes off re. guns.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WildBillKelso

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 12, 2015
    Northshore/New Orleans
    I saw this posted in a related thread but felt it deserved its own. Saints coach Sean Payton goes off on his hate of guns.
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/columnist/bell/2016/04/11/will-smith-death-sean-payton-new-orleans/82899630/

Here is a "highlight reel".

He isn’t merely talking about tighter laws. If Payton had his druthers, we’d live in a country without guns.

“Two hundred years from now, they’re going to look back and say, ‘What was that madness about?’ “ Payton said. “The idea that we need them to fend off intruders … people are more apt to draw them (in other situations). That’s some silly stuff we’re hanging on to.”

Payton, who grew up in suburban Chicago, said that his philosophy was influenced by his father, an insurance claims adjuster whose line of work was filled with tragedies.

“We could go online and get 10 of them, and have them shipped to our house tomorrow,” he said. “I don’t believe that was the intention when they allowed for the right for citizens to bear arms.”

At least, according to the article, he allows that the lack of police funding and staff also makes the NOLA problems worse. Hmmm, how did that police funding millage increase vote go last week again?

Does anyone have info. or pictures of any of his houses in the Garden District or Northshore with the typical rich person gates, cameras, security personnel etc...? Anyone know if he surrounds himself with private armed security?

MTregre

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    St. Charles Parish
    *The idea that we need them to fend off intruders..."

(without yet knowing full details of the shooting)

WTF?! He seriously made that statement while talking about his buddy who was killed by an "intruder" with a gun???

philrab

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2015
    Mandeville, LA
    I love the part about having guns shipped directly to his home. I didn't know he had an FFL.

Do any of these ****wits that parade that lie around actually feel a duty to fact check themselves???

RussnAttitude

always learning
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    UN
    Sean Peyton is just another prime example to prove a theory correct that I've had for years..

You don't have to be smart to have money.

Hermit

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 27, 2007
    Ascension
    He's right about the "two hundred years from now" thingy.
    We'll have much better weapons to kill each other with by then. :D

MALIBU12

Rating - 100%
    71   0   2
    Sep 16, 2008
    slidell
    He should stick to what he knows, Saintsations, and running a shitty and predictable offense! Lol!

LOL ,
    nice-one-cheers.jpg

N.O. YAT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2012
    N.O.-B.R.
    You guys must remember Sean Payton is one of those persons that think in order for something to be a sport it has to have a BALL involved!!! Hunting....no ball,no sport! Shooting....no ball,no sport! Fishing....no ball,no sport! Auto racing (NHRA,NASCAR,INDY) no ball,no sport! There are many more but I just wanted to name a few!

Top Bottom