Second Amendment march

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrdbeau

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Slidell Area
    They're not encouraging the carrying of firearms in D.C. That really sucks. I would truly be interested in the reaction by police/law enforcement/etc. if a million people carrying ARs were milling around D.C.

goodburbon

Whalmitfahrer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 9, 2008
    Around
    They're not encouraging the carrying of firearms in D.C. That really sucks. I would truly be interested in the reaction by police/law enforcement/etc. if a million people carrying ARs were milling around D.C.

Um, calling up the military and calling it a revolution. Then "quelling" it with superior firepower and organized tactics while a million people with rifles get slaughtered.

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    I'm not worried about weapons.
    I'm more concerned that some boozed up redneck with a confederate flag is going to get on television and make an ass of himself.

mrdbeau

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Slidell Area
    Um, calling up the military and calling it a revolution. Then "quelling" it with superior firepower and organized tactics while a million people with rifles get slaughtered.

Yeah, that's a possibility, but I'm not sure a million people with ARs would necessarily "get slaughtered" unless there was a significant military presence. And then again, do you really think the military would "slaughter" a bunch of people that were peacefully just walking around, not shooting at each other or the White House, or anything like that? I would find that very hard to believe, particularly given the political stance most people in the military have and the fact that a large number of the biggest 2A supporters are ex-military/LEO.

Mr_Willson

rifleman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    mandeville
    Yeah, that's a possibility, but I'm not sure a million people with ARs would necessarily "get slaughtered" unless there was a significant military presence. And then again, do you really think the military would "slaughter" a bunch of people that were peacefully just walking around, not shooting at each other or the White House, or anything like that? I would find that very hard to believe, particularly given the political stance most people in the military have and the fact that a large number of the biggest 2A supporters are ex-military/LEO.
    well yes they would get slaughtered....you ever hear of the peaceful gathering of world war one veterans in washington in 1932? it was called the bonus army conflict.
    this was considered a "coup attempt" by the white house and the army was called in and shot at them....for no damn reason.

I dont even think these guys were armed,just that the fact they were veterans supposedly made them "dangerous" so think what would happen if a bunch of people with guns just showed up in washington.

so bringing a gun to a march in washington is completely out of the question,its suicide...

america has a bit of a dark history when it comes to dealing with peaceful protests

Last edited:

mrdbeau

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Slidell Area
    Well, if y'all think that, then we're already ****ed.

I know there are already instances where troops have shot unarmed civilians, but some of them were accidents, and some of them were cases where the civilians were throwing rocks, molotav cocktails, and other improvised weapons at troops, so, I dunno. But I would find it very hard to believe that U.S. troops would just open up on a bunch of peaceful civilians, many of whom are ex-military/LEO.

Mr_Willson

rifleman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    mandeville
    Well, if y'all think that, then we're already ****ed.

I know there are already instances where troops have shot unarmed civilians, but some of them were accidents, and some of them were cases where the civilians were throwing rocks, molotav cocktails, and other improvised weapons at troops, so, I dunno. But I would find it very hard to believe that U.S. troops would just open up on a bunch of peaceful civilians, many of whom are ex-military/LEO.

you needs to read up on history then ;)

chibajoe

Pratertium terminus est
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 29, 2007
    New Orleans
    At 4:45 p.m., commanded by Gen. Douglas MacArthur, the 12th Infantry Regiment, Fort Howard, Maryland, and the 3rd Cavalry Regiment, supported by six battle tanks commanded by Maj. George S. Patton, Fort Myer, Virginia, formed in Pennsylvania Avenue while thousands of Civil Service employees left work to line the street and watch the U.S. Army attack its own veterans. The Bonus Marchers, believing the display was in their honour, cheered the troops until Maj. Patton charged the cavalry against them — an action which prompted the Civil Service employee spectators to yell, "Shame! Shame!"

Our government at work

Brweyes

I Dont Dial 911
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Pineville,La
    I would be the first one there... I think it is a good idea that we show up at their FRONT doorstep and say NO MORE! UNarmed ofcourse. I also sent an email to the NRA the other day asking them if they could put something like that together to send a message to congress.

Mr_Willson

rifleman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    mandeville
    I'm more well-read on history than I'd like to be. My father is a high school American History teacher. ;)

We've come a long way since the '30s. Well, hopefully we have, anyway.

ive noticed somtething crazy happens every 20 years almost,this wasnt the only incident.

there was more crazy crap going on during the civil rights thingy

but after looking back Im just gonna say its only safe to just leave the guns at home when marching peacefully

craftkr

Carpe Diem
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2007
    Rockport, Texas
    This thread is brings up a few good topics, and while it may have no significance... One time during my military enlistment I was given a questionnaire and it was one of those physiological where the same question is asked, just different ways of questioning it. And it was supposedly on MOUT (Military Operations in Urban Terrain). But they had a few questions asking if called upon to fire on citizens would you have a problem with this? Or could you fire upon citizens if ordered to? Again this isn't the exact questions, however thinking about that and then reading this post and a few other's on 2nd Amendments and people's comments... well it's sobering to say the least. Yes an organized march would be good, however a bunch of uneducated rednecks drunk, packing assault rifles, swarming Washington DC isn't what we need. I will watch this and see where it goes. Should be interesting. And we need a thread just on interesting history, I love that stuff. Just my .02 cents!

goodburbon

Whalmitfahrer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 9, 2008
    Around
    Not insinuating that everyone is a drunk redneck, just speaking that any of that crowd would really jeopardize any credibility of this march.

Yes, waving of the stars and bars would reduce the legitimacy of the arguement in the rest of the countrys eyes, because that is all the News media would show them.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spydy
    Top Bottom