Second Week Down... 50 to go

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    I usually don't post the numbers but the more I do so, the more I feel held accountable to succeed.

I've hit my heaviest I've ever been and physically I've also felt my absolute worst. Sugar makes me ill, fried foods have started to lose their enjoyment as well. So at 200 pounds, I asked my doctor what I could do. I can't live like this anymore....

She suggested hiring a personal trainer. That day I went to the Louisiana College Athletic Center and did just that. She's sixty to eight bucks a week but going on the second week, she's worth twice that much. I've started working out 2 and half hours three days a week, cutting out all added sugars and deep fried foods (I make an omelet in the mornings, and that's the extent of my fried food). On Tuesdays like today, I try to put in a 20 minute mile and a few minutes on an elliptical trainer. On Thursdays I'll add a Pilates/Yoga class. After a month, the PT has suggested adding her afternoon kick boxing class and I fully intend to.

When you get to a point where a change of life has to happen, you don't miss the added sugar, you don't miss the McDonald's french fries. You look forward to getting in the gym because it feels so good.

I gained twenty pounds per child. After two weeks I see a better definition to my chin and my cheeks.

My doctor suggested committing to this for one year. I can't imagine not committing to four more.

White wine also has a surprisingly (to me) low calorie amount.... Ask me how I know and why I felt compelled to post this. :mamoru:

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Thanks guys. I leave the gym and come home to bust my ass. We have 20 or 30 pine trees in the yard and I've been pulling poison ivy vines down, digging flower beds and landscaping a yard that we've ignored since we built the house four years ago.

It's amazing how life changes like a light switch when you get ready for it. I broke my leg/ankle in several spots two years ago and the last two weeks have helped me to believe I can run again. With a young son, that's a godsend. If you can't catch a two year old, you're in trouble.

I tease that I've been drinking a bit tonight so I'm sharing, but it really is great. I'm surprised at how good it feels.

I've converted to the philosophy that if you're not ready, no diet will help and you'll fail every time. It's like hitting rock bottom in a drug rehab (assumeably, I haven't been in a drug rehab before ;) ).

I'm not after losing weight. I'm interested in converting my body fat to muscle mass, and we might go from there. Until then it's tone, tone, tone. And my personal trainer is one of God's angels. I love her already. :)

melisa

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 27, 2006
    Gonzales
    Awesome Girl! If you need anything let me know!

I am a certificated personal trainer.......who is also a fat ass...according to LongRange I'm a size 10-12!

Sticking to the diet is the hardest thing to do.

GOOD LUCK! We will be in this challenge with you!

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Oops.

I posted a huge post in the other topic. I didn't know this was yours or I would have put it here.

As Melisa said, Let us know if you need anything. Sometimes I have to call my brother for support on what to eat b/c my brains too flustered and I didn't bring lunch and I want to go to BURGER KING to just get it over with ! LOL !

So if you need I'm sure we could pass out some Phone Number ! :rofl:

lilmoose0

Crack don't smoke it self
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2007
    Thibodaux
    One of the biggest things to remember is that if you slip up a little, don't give up. Just keep moveing forward and put it behinde you. You will ultimately reach your goal.

Good luck, & keep up the good work.:D

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    YAY! I grabbed my measuring tape last night. After two strong weeks of working out three days a week, two hours a day with 45 mintues of cardio Tues/Thurs...

I've shaved a quarter inch from my biceps, two inches from my hips and an inch and a hair around my thighs. Might go down a bra size, but that's okay.

I measured in several places up and down my limbs, and two or three points around my hips and depending on where she measured it could be even more I've toned up, but at the widest points it's all relatively small amounts but still successfully slimmer than it was. I'm excited to see where I'll be in another two months.

melisa

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 27, 2006
    Gonzales
    YAY! I grabbed my measuring tape last night. After two strong weeks of working out three days a week, two hours a day with 45 mintues of cardio Tues/Thurs...

I've shaved a quarter inch from my biceps, two inches from my hips and an inch and a hair around my thighs. Might go down a bra size, but that's okay.

I measured in several places up and down my limbs, and two or three points around my hips and depending on where she measured it could be even more I've toned up, but at the widest points it's all relatively small amounts but still successfully slimmer than it was. I'm excited to see where I'll be in another two months.

That is AWESOME! Remember that losing inches is better then losing weight on the scale!!

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    I agree Melisa. I started this project wanting to look better, smaller was optional.

I was surprised at my hips. Everything else seemed on target but I didn't expect to see two inches off my hips. I either measured in the wrong spot, or she left a little slack.

I still have to get with you about the MK friend. I'm thinking after school is out in a month and half. :D

lilmoose0

Crack don't smoke it self
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2007
    Thibodaux
    Don't let it set you back, but don't let this form a habit. It will be twice as hard if you do.

Remember you are the boss of your body. You and no one else.

Good to hear that is working for you. Keep us posted.:D

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    I'm glad you are making the move to do something about your health! Keep up the good work and if you ever get bored -do more cardio!-

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    Six weeks down, 40 pounds to go. :D

I called in "sick" today though to my personal trainer. Should have sucked it up and went in. :mad: :rolleyes:

There is no point in going in if your body is busy trying to heal itself. Not only will you not get the full benefit of the workout but then your body has to work on rebuilding muscles and powering your immune system.

By the way, you're doing an awesome job. I've been working hard the past two weeks to get my diet back on track. After eating like crap for 25 years and doing it perfect for a year and a half then slipping off, it seems harder to get back on track. :squint:

melisa

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 27, 2006
    Gonzales
    Six weeks down, 40 pounds to go. :D

I called in "sick" today though to my personal trainer. Should have sucked it up and went in. :mad: :rolleyes:

OMG, that is awesome!! I am proud of you keep up the good work!!! :D

PS. just don't pick on me for getting fat.

;)

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Cognac.cal
    Top Bottom