Seeking Neurosurgion referrals...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    Luke Corston (spelling) neuro medical center. Helped my father and mother out. Mom had 3 levels in her neck fused by him. Great guy from my experience with him. I was there for both procedures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rhandhali

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    New Orleans
    I have worked with Dr. Marcus Ware over at Ochsner in the past and he is a very talented, very educated surgeon who specializes in neck and spinal surgery. I would definitely consider a consultation with him.

Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    Dr moomaninie.. I don't think it's spelled right but he's a very prominent surgeon in San Francisco. He's with UCSF.. ALSO IN METAIRIE is Najeeb Thomas very highly regarded neuro surgeon. Hope that helps. PM if you need further info.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    I have treated patients with fusions and artificial discs. For the cervical spine the artificial discs (AD) have been given inconsistent results from my observations. Some patients with marked improvement. Some with minimal to no radicular improvement. I see way more fusions than AD's. One complication I see years after a fusion is the discs above/below the fusion degenerate resulting in more future surgeries. The surgeon you chose will depend on the route you go. If I were in your shoes research, research, research your opportunities.

dangermoney

C'est Chaud Peur Lot
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Gonzales, LA
    Could you check if your mean "artificial disk replacement" please.
    It seems to be the best option so far.

Sure, I will get back to you early in the week.

He said that the procedure that his mother is currently recovering from is called Anterior Cervical Disectomy & Fusion.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Anterior+cervical+discectomy+and+fusion&sm=3

http://www.nuvasive.com/patient-sol...olutions/anterior-cervical-discectomy-fusion/

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

sonanth

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    New Iberia, LA
    Elias/Ilyas Munshi, (not sure of spelling of first name) in Lafayette did work on my neck. Disc between C4 and C5 compressed my spinal cord. Removed front part of disc, inserted spacer. Fixed it. Been great ever since.

Top Bottom