Segregation

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thesamunit

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    While this particular experiment may have yielded "positive" results, the idea of segregation is such a social stigma that it would never be accepted, no matter how brief students were segregated for. This seems like they're encouraging children not to work through cultural barriers, but to embrace them by only identifying with their own culture/race. Just my 2 cents.

rebelray84

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 7, 2010
    Amite,LA
    Once again it's OK and NOT racist for blacks to segregate themselves from whites BUT let whites do it and the howls of racism can be heard for miles.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    I feel that it is a great thing to embrace ones own culture and race. But I also feel that it is a crime for someone to be told they are racist if they don't embrace, support,and be sympothetic to another.

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    I feel that it is a great thing to embrace ones own culture and race. But I also feel that it is a crime for someone to be told they are racist if they don't embrace, support,and be sympothetic to another.

I would go further with that in saying it's great to embrace your culture, heritage, race, etc., but the primary place for that is at home with your family. School is for readin', 'ritin', and 'ritmetic. I don't have a problem with social studies as long as it's not ridiculously slanted. My child has yet to enslave anyone, and none of my ancestors ever did, so my child has nothing to apologize for, and he doesn't need associative guilt heaped upon him by revisionists just because of his skin color.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I would go further with that in saying it's great to embrace your culture, heritage, race, etc., but the primary place for that is at home with your family. School is for readin', 'ritin', and 'ritmetic. I don't have a problem with social studies as long as it's not ridiculously slanted. My child has yet to enslave anyone, and none of my ancestors ever did, so my child has nothing to apologize for, and he doesn't need associative guilt heaped upon him by revisionists just because of his skin color.

Ka'BLAM!

Doug.38PR

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Backwoods Louisiana
    Segregation per se was and is never a bad thing. It's the so-called "Civil Rights" crusade led by the airheads of the 60s with their PC police that have made it so.
    Ridged segregation laws and codes banning blacks/hispanics/orientals/etc. from drinking out of waterfountains, looking the wrong way at people, wearing shorts, where to sit on the bus, etc. etc. are wrong. But the fact is people segregate ever day of their lives.
    Go look at ANY high school cafeteria. You see, with very few exeptions, White people sitting with white people, black people sitting with black people, Mexican people sitting with hispanic people, Central American people sitting with Central American people, oriental people sitting with oriental people, goths sitting with goths, nerds sitting with nerds, etc. etc.

People enjoy associating with people that they have things in common with. They also communicate with each other better. There is nothing wrong or evil about this.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Demmickb
    Top Bottom