Seller has gun advertised for $1,000. but will only sell it for $1,800.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ericlosh

Jul 31, 2011
    Slidell LA
    This is another thread where I deleted his second reply of the day, which said he was taking it off the market. Not saying this justifies anything he has done.........

I sent him a PM and an email. I'll make a decision after I hear from him. Ya'll don't go blowing up his inbox with hate mail. That's against the rules too.

good to sort it out first, a rush to action is probably not the best thing, law of unintended consequences and what have you

ZombieHuntr

Out the box....
    Nov 25, 2012
    East Baton Rouge
    This is another thread where I deleted his second reply of the day, which said he was taking it off the market. Not saying this justifies anything he has done.........

I sent him a PM and an email. I'll make a decision after I hear from him. Ya'll don't go blowing up his inbox with hate mail. That's against the rules too.
    Wow, I never realized you're a moderator on here. good looking out man.

Sks985

Nov 28, 2011
    Slidell
    I just don't know why he didnt quietly pull his fs items if he doesn't like the fact that nobody wants to pay over 100% markup.

At least he didn't take the offers and never show up to the meeting spot.

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Feb 20, 2013
    I replied to him as well, as I was interested in buying the DPMS. I asked if he had the original purchase receipt just to make sure the gun's original purchase was legit and the box the gun came in. Here is his reply:

"are you serious? the original receipt and box! please explain to me what
    that has to do with selling this gun. don't you see the tags hanging on it?
    all the papers in the box? just the ammo if you can find some is 800.00 and
    you want the original receipt and the box! wow! you must think I'm starving
    over here. I don't think iv'e heard anything that stupid in my life."

And to think I had cash in hand.......I'm loosing faith in those who try and sell here on Bayou Shooter....First AFFS and this! I'm giving up and and will go spend my cash on boat/fishing stuff.

anakha

ljp#6749
    Oct 7, 2010
    monroe
    He didn't want you to see that he bought the gun from academy for $800 the day before posting it

I replied to him as well, as I was interested in buying the DPMS. I asked if he had the original purchase receipt just to make sure the gun's original purchase was legit and the box the gun came in. Here is his reply:

And to think I had cash in hand.......I'm loosing faith in those who try and sell here on Bayou Shooter....First AFFS and this! I'm giving up and and will go spend my cash on boat/fishing stuff.

doc ace

Aug 14, 2012
    Pineville/Deville

This. CatCam the bass are biting. For once it's cheaper than shooting!

dfsutton

US Veteran
    Mar 13, 2009
    Metairie, LA
    Seems like an outstanding guy. I'm amazed at all these "wonderful" people who have continued to attempt to gouge everyone. I didn't feel like thus in the beginning of "The Scare" but I'm just getting tired of seeing everything ridiculously priced. I've stopped shopping for gun related items. I've gotten what I need except for two BCGs and I don't imagine they or anything else will be banned anytime soon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

whbonney26

Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    I am still shocked by the prices some of these people here and around....esp the gun shows try to get for AR and AK rifles. When I took my dad home last week I was shocked to see his local gun shop had at least 10 AR-15 rifles, mostly S&W, for still under a grand.

rocketsteve

Florida Cracker
    Dec 15, 2012
    Nowhere
    Academy has Independence 55gr FMJ .223 for $9.99/20 rounds. 50-count Winchester .22 is $2.99 and Win. Super-X .22 is $3.99. The guy behind the gun counter said he got another shipment of ARs (starting at $750) and they are starting to come in on a regular basis once again. Supply is finally starting to catch up with the demand, but the gougers think they can still charge premium prices and bank a big payday. I wonder how many of them maxed-out their credit cards in hopes of taking advantage of all the panic-buying... :mamoru:

Last edited:

Jack

Dec 9, 2010
    Covington

He probably didn't want to hand you proof of him committing a felony.

jcbvh

Sep 29, 2012
    Louisiana
    Definitely false advertisement

false-advertising.jpg

sorry guys... had too :D

Last edited:
    Top Bottom