Seller of Dirt Bike Murdered in New Orleans.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Man trying to sell dirt bike on Facebook Marketplace shot, killed by supposed buyer in Louisiana: sheriff
    Nelson Oliveira

A New Orleans man who was trying to sell a dirt bike on Facebook Marketplace was murdered after showing up to a meeting with a potential buyer, authorities said Monday.

Joseph Vindel’s dead body was found with gunshot wounds early Monday morning inside his own car, which was abandoned in the city’s Garden District, according to the Jefferson Parish Sheriff’s Office. A suspect identified as 20-year-old Jalen Harvey admitted he shot and killed the victim in nearby Jefferson Parish before taking the car to New Orleans, authorities said.

Detectives believe the accused killer murdered Vindel during the course of their transaction Sunday, but an exact motive remains under investigation.
    Vindel, 29, left his house around 10 a.m. to sell the bike and “never returned from that transaction,” Sheriff Joseph Lopinto said at a news conference. The man’s family reported him missing later that day, triggering a multi-agency search for his whereabouts.

During the investigations, detectives uncovered several Facebook messages showing Vindel and the suspect discussing the bike sale. The messages led authorities to a Jefferson Parish apartment complex where Vindel’s dirt bike was found in one of the patios, Lopinto told reporters.
    Harvey confessed to the murder and was taken into custody without incident, according to the sheriff.

“A very sad situation,” Lopinto said, adding that Vindel was likely killed late Sunday morning or early in the afternoon.
    Harvey was expected to face a first-degree murder charge.

TrapperT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2020
    Sulphur,La.
    I just had an incident,well kinda incident happen couple days ago.

Guy been txting me for weeks wanting a rifle id posted.Not on FB

Anyway,he txt back and says ,we are on the way.I txt back and
    said." I don't meet we's. I meet single person.

They got mad and didn't txt back.I don't GAS ,my life is worth
    more than a $600 rifle.

Be careful out their peeps,they not getting any smarter or any
    nicer.....

Mxav

Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Nov 25, 2011
    New Orleans
    Couple weeks ago I was scheduled to meet someone from FB Marketplace but then was told to "meet at seller house".
    Yeah, no thanks.

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    If I don't have mutual friends with the person I usually don't deal with them. The only time I did we did the transaction in the parking lot at the local Police Station! If they don't agree to MY terms they can go pound dirt.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    I find it interesting, maybe even ironic, that Vindel has a "Blackout Tuesday" post on his social media considering who the alleged murderer is. Do whites get a free pass to riot because of this murder? Nope.

Public lynching should be brought back as a form of lawful justice. Could even sell tickets to help state funding.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackout_Tuesday

https://www.instagram.com/p/CA77k07gmAC/?igshid=encpruxik3v

So bring me up to speed on this black out thingy, Is this some sort of protest of beating the dead George Floyd horse to death?

iomg8

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 12, 2020
    lafayette, la
    When I meet it is places that I know are in public, and enough people, shopping centers or gas stations for the most part. In Alaska, the police stations had certain areas that had cameras watching it 24/7, and the police station had cameras. Might still get shot, but at least the cops know.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    When I meet it is places that I know are in public, and enough people, shopping centers or gas stations for the most part. In Alaska, the police stations had certain areas that had cameras watching it 24/7, and the police station had cameras. Might still get shot, but at least the cops know.

They have that option here as well

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Truly sucks. And you hear of this happening everywhere. From Craigslist car ads to even *dating* websites. People meet up with strangers and they never come home. That’s why I rather deal with verified members like people that have been on this forum for years vs listing on Louisiana sportsman and the like.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Wouldn’t surprise me a bit if they find this dude has killed before. Hope investigators run his DNA and make him for every unsolved homicide that might fit.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    I don’t know what made him think that dumping a car and body in the Uptown Garden District would go unnoticed. The only thing I can think of that he wanted the NOPD to see it as another carjacking gone wrong in the Uptown area. He must have been counting on just the NOPD being involved.

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    noob;[URL="tel:1749648" said:
    1749648[/URL]]Truly sucks. And you hear of this happening everywhere. From Craigslist car ads to even *dating* websites. People meet up with strangers and they never come home. That’s why I rather deal with verified members like people that have been on this forum for years vs listing on Louisiana sportsman and the like.

I agree with that. Especially firearms, I only deal with people on this forum myself. And even then, if I see you haven’t been here a while, have really low post count, etc... I avoid the transaction. Before dealing with anyone here, I look at past activity in the forum, your profile, etc....

BlueShamu

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 21, 2015
    D'town
    Dddaaaayyyyuuuummmm....somebody keeping it real.
    af355145392cd30d6dc626cc580d40c9.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

EJAIII

Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Mar 18, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    That POS that shot him, I hope he gets azz F'd everyday in prison. The victim had just purchased a home with the girl he was to marry. He was a graduate of Tulane, and a good kid.

Top Bottom