Selling a gun to Cabela's?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lsu fan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    Metry
    I wouldn't think so. You'd probably be better off putting it on the sportsman or on here. They've gotta make some money off of it.

x1eric

UNSC Spartan
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2009
    Denham Springs, LA
    Yeah half is about right, I traded one in Fri. night originally I was just gonna see how much theyd give me but by the time I got to gonzales from denham after work, I was tired of traffic, had a starving fiance in the car, waited 30 minutes before anyone asked me what i needed, watched the old man take 15 minutes figuring out how to field strip instead of asking, I was not leaving without a new toy of some sort, if you would like to know specific amounts PM me as i do not want everyone to know how bad they reamed me, i felt like i was trading in a car. i dont suggest it, sell it here or elsewhere privately.

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    Sell outright. They will low ball you on what you have. They did it on 2 of my German WWII rifles when I simply wanted an appraisal and to be honest they didn't really know what I had. I knew s&^tloads more about the guns than they did. I will never sell/trade anything to them. Just my .02.

kpm

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    I did it but I had a reason to do so. I don't recommend it. The only good part is if you buy a new firearm you can subtract the used value from the new gun price reducing your tax burden on the final sale. If you add the 2 together I got an ok deal but needed to make it happen to take advantage of a smokin' close out deal on a rifle. So in my case it worked.

NUMP

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2009
    I thought it was pretty fair, as long as you understand that they have to turn around and make money on it. I've sold them two guns and each time I thought I got an OK deal. Not as much as a private sale, but fair.

Praesul Presul

On Target.....Sometimes
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Western KY
    Sell on here.

Buying and selling for profit is pretty simple - no one (gun store, FFL, pawn shop, etc) will pay you for what it is worth if they intend to immediately resale it for a profit as there would be no profit to be had.

stormrider54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Dutchtown
    I brought a few pistols in for appraisal at Cabela's, the prices they said pistols were worth were way low I thought. I'd go elsewhere.

Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    I NEVER BRING SAND to the Beach LOL

081105210844jaS7.jpg
    [/IMG]

lsu fan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    Metry
    I haven't been to cabela's in a while, so things might be different now but...

IMO the new guns that I've looked at over there are priced higher than many other places... so trading it in to save some money on taxes might pay off... but it might not. You're better off selling it here, to someone who really wants it, for a fair price, probably much better than cabelas can offer. You'll probably save more money in the long run. If you need to get rid of it quick... sell it for half price here. There's plenty of people that would drive halfway across the state to buy firearms at half price, unless it's a POS.

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    Yeah half is about right, I traded one in Fri. night originally I was just gonna see how much theyd give me but by the time I got to gonzales from denham after work, I was tired of traffic, had a starving fiance in the car, waited 30 minutes before anyone asked me what i needed, watched the old man take 15 minutes figuring out how to field strip instead of asking, I was not leaving without a new toy of some sort, if you would like to know specific amounts PM me as i do not want everyone to know how bad they reamed me, i felt like i was trading in a car. i dont suggest it, sell it here or elsewhere privately.

That sucks man, I'm sure someone here would have loved to buy it from you for around that price.

x1eric

UNSC Spartan
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2009
    Denham Springs, LA
    yeah i know im just really impatient when it comes to toys, but i got my two tone m&p fullsize just had to pay a little more than i should have, we've all done it, atleast thats what i told my fiance

Top Bottom