Selling Two Condos - Would Appreciate Knowledgeable Input For Ideas!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jasonj5313

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Dec 29, 2011
    Ponchatoula
    The problem I have seen is agents not wanting to deal w/fsbo.

They choose not to tell their ckients about these properties.

Offer a stipend to buying agents to help you sell your house.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Btl_Rkt_Sci

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011
    The problem I have seen is agents not wanting to deal w/fsbo.

They choose not to tell their ckients about these properties.

Offer a stipend to buying agents to help you sell your house.

He brings up a good point. If you're willing to sell to buyers with an agent be prepared to pay some more. And, in general, buyers do get agents because it isn't their money being spent. If you're willing to accept paying a buyer's realtor also, be sure to put in the ads that agents are welcome at X%.

Some people are smart and meticulous enough to know what they want and search MLS themselves, it's just the cost-free convenience that makes it hard to find a buyer without an agent. It gives the buyer someone to dump all the paperwork on too.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    He brings up a good point. If you're willing to sell to buyers with an agent be prepared to pay some more. And, in general, buyers do get agents because it isn't their money being spent. If you're willing to accept paying a buyer's realtor also, be sure to put in the ads that agents are welcome at X%.

Some people are smart and meticulous enough to know what they want and search MLS themselves, it's just the cost-free convenience that makes it hard to find a buyer without an agent. It gives the buyer someone to dump all the paperwork on too.

Fair enough! But in this age of the internet, they (real estate agents), better slaughter the scared cow of 6%. That rate is ridiculous in this day and age of online info. Back in the day, when you had to drive all over the place to actually take a first look at the property, I could see the necessisty for expenses and time. Now though, I can post a video, or digital pics in such detail, buyers can see a good representation of the property and then decide if it's even worth going to see. Also, you can now see on Google Maps/Earth the surrounding neighbors/neighborhoods in such detail, you can even decide up front if you even want to live near certain people, houses, or dwellings.

If I were in real estate sales, I would advertise that I will negotiate the commission based on the work required.

Btl_Rkt_Sci

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011
    Fair enough! But in this age of the internet, they (real estate agents), better slaughter the scared cow of 6%. That rate is ridiculous in this day and age of online info. Back in the day, when you had to drive all over the place to actually take a first look at the property, I could see the necessisty for expenses and time. Now though, I can post a video, or digital pics in such detail, buyers can see a good representation of the property and then decide if it's even worth going to see. Also, you can now see on Google Maps/Earth the surrounding neighbors/neighborhoods in such detail, you can even decide up front if you even want to live near certain people, houses, or dwellings.

If I were in real estate sales, I would advertise that I will negotiate the commission based on the work required.

I completely agree. If buyers shouldered any of the cost of the realtor I'm sure we'd see a change. Or if there was a common understanding among homebuyers (which most of us are at some point) that searching BEFORE you involve a realtor may be a bargaining chip in negotiations.

meplatgroup

Louisiana's #1 NFA Dealer
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Metairie, La.

There's a certain amount of truth to this. The flat fee realtors that just list you on the MLS are not as effective if you aren't offering a commission to the buyer's agent or are offering a reduced commission----most agents won't show your property (rightly so, you can't expect them to cut their own throats). However you do get those unrepresented buyers that are looking on their own, but in my experience they are not usually as pre-approved, well informed, and ready to roll as represented buyers are. You'll deal with a bunch of dreamers and tire kickers.

I've been a real estate title attorney for almost ten years now. Agents are like every other profession---some are squared away and others are completely incompetent. A good agent can be worth their weight in gold though and although they sometimes get windfall listings that sell before they even get the sign planted, for every one of those they have numerous properties that they advertise, market, show repeatedly, and invest hundreds of hours only to lose the listing because the seller got anxious.

If the properties will rent profitably, get a realtor that specializes in property management and turn them into passive income generators that create equity. The residential rental market will be on fire for the next ten years.

Just my opinion.

jasonj5313

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Dec 29, 2011
    Ponchatoula
    There's a certain amount of truth to this. The flat fee realtors that just list you on the MLS are not as effective if you aren't offering a commission to the buyer's agent or are offering a reduced commission----most agents won't show your property (rightly so, you can't expect them to cut their own throats). However you do get those unrepresented buyers that are looking on their own, but in my experience they are not usually as pre-approved, well informed, and ready to roll as represented buyers are. You'll deal with a bunch of dreamers and tire kickers.

I've been a real estate title attorney for almost ten years now. Agents are like every other profession---some are squared away and others are completely incompetent. A good agent can be worth their weight in gold though and although they sometimes get windfall listings that sell before they even get the sign planted, for every one of those they have numerous properties that they advertise, market, show repeatedly, and invest hundreds of hours only to lose the listing because the seller got anxious.

If the properties will rent profitably, get a realtor that specializes in property management and turn them into passive income generators that create equity. The residential rental market will be on fire for the next ten years.

Just my opinion.

100% agree

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

Just my opinion.

If they don't move at these prices, I will be back in the rental business!

Shwane

Motivator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    Youngsville, LA

My wife does this. Sometimes people's homes sit on the market for so long because they don't want to pay someone 6% of the selling price. She works with people on the rate dependent on the amount of work she puts in, distance traveled, number of showings, etc... I cant speak for her, but just putting it into the MLS would expose your condos to 500 home buying / selling websites and if you'd be willing to do the showings, then I can put you in touch with her.

simplepeddler

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    Saint Amant
    I know those units........If I had to sell in there, I would look to adverstise at high traffic for consturction workers.

there will be a need for those when all this construction work starts to hit.
    do you have comps?? will they appraise for more than what you are asking?

anything under a 120K should be great rental property

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DRB88
    Top Bottom