Semiauto shotgun

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mudmixers9

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 24, 2011
    labadieville la
    Ok I am in the market for a 12 gauge semi auto. I have shotguns but no semis. I wanted some help in selecting one. I want a dependable shotgun that can shoot at least 3 inch shells. It's going to be used for hunting deer and ducks. Trying to keep it under or around a thousand dollars. All help is appreciated

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Look into a Benelli M2 field, tough shotgun that'll last forever, but it'll be a little over a grand new, you can find used ones for under a grand

mudmixers9

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 24, 2011
    labadieville la
    I have looked at all the Benelli but I just don't know if I want to put that kind of money into a gun. We're I hunt it's thick nasty stuff and guns get banged and scratched up pretty quick. Has anyone ever tried or heard anything about stoeger and franchi?

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    My brother in law and his family do guided duck hunts and are very informed on the subject. They use Beretta exclusively

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

MyTFAL

"It's no big deal,...."
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Abita Springs
    Beretta A300 649.00 on black Sunday, I believe there is no finer shotgun in that price range. I like the Benelli but vastly prefer the soft shooting gas system of the Berretta. It seems to be a economy version of the 3901.

Beretta_A300_Outlander_Synthetic_1.jpg

Last edited:

Xenon

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jul 30, 2010
    Metairie
    Familiar with franchi. Benelli owned the company. Good guns for the money. Several folks I hunt with (including myself) use them in the marsh. They usually get a boresnake but not much more. Look I to the camo pattern for a little more durability

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    Get a Beretta.
    In that price range you probably won't get your hands on a 400 or 391 unless you look for one used.
    Go pick up a 3901 or a 300 and see what you think.

BTW saying we have a LOT of duck hunters in our family is an understatement. We are almost exclusive Beretta now. Some have gone from an old A5 or a Benelli Super Black Eagle or in my case an 870 and anything in between and nobody is looking back.

cnodie1

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    New Orleans
    Beretta A300 649.00 on black Sunday, I believe there is no finer shotgun in that price range. I like the Benelli but vastly prefer the soft shooting gas system of the Berretta. It seems to be a economy version of the 3901.

Beretta_A300_Outlander_Synthetic_1.jpg

+1 to this shotty. I have a 391 and a 3901 and have shot the new 300 and they are nearly identical.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Get a Beretta.
    In that price range you probably won't get your hands on a 400 or 391 unless you look for one used.
    Go pick up a 3901 or a 300 and see what you think.

BTW saying we have a LOT of duck hunters in our family is an understatement. We are almost exclusive Beretta now. Some have gone from an old A5 or a Benelli Super Black Eagle or in my case an 870 and anything in between and nobody is looking back.

That's because Yall are over run with ducks up there apparently

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    Not this year we are extremely short on water. We do have a lot of pintail, grey ducks and other big ducks but seem to really be lacking teal right now.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Not this year we are extremely short on water. We do have a lot of pintail, grey ducks and other big ducks but seem to really be lacking teal right now.

I'm gonna try and make a trip up there to the St. Romains soon and check it out

mudmixers9

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 24, 2011
    labadieville la
    I have been reading a lot lately on today's semi autos and most people are saying they are not as reliable as the older one is this true? I wouldn't think so with today technology the wouldn't jam at all? So should I just get a newer pump? I had a Benelli nova and loved it just the black paint came off quickly and it scratched up easily.

mudmixers9

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 24, 2011
    labadieville la
    well i just got back from working in missourri and had some extra money and went buy a benelli super vinci. i tried other guns but i just found the super vinci to fit me the best and its really light for a 3.5. thanks to everyone for the help

Top Bottom