Senator wants to REGULATE Cajun Navy

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    It's like everything else in Govt they want there fee, and we just bend over and take it ! We are taxed more every year with fees, permits, tolls, licenses, taxes and every year the Govt says we need more and we give it up. Sheep !

That's what happens when the majority of people want free stuff. Everyday someone gets on some form of gov assistance then the addiction starts. Then before you know it they are voting the other party "now we are being out voted"!

Last edited:

JeeperCreeper

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    LaLa Land
    That's what happens when the majority of people want free stuff. Everyday someone gets on some form of gov assistance then the addiction starts. Then before you know it they are voting the other party "now we are being out voted"!

I wonder how many people will get caught up in the "benefits" due to the flooding. I know people that have done it on there own up to this point that are grabbing everything available to them now. Once the dust settles most will go back to normal, but I imagine a few will be hooked.

sawgrass

Hunka Hunka burning lead.
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Hammond
    The politician that is suggesting government intervention by licensing and regulating the Cajun Navy is probably the dumbest SOB on the planet.......maybe a couple of planets! The good-hearted people of Louisiana don't need no stinking politicians.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    I wonder how many people will get caught up in the "benefits" due to the flooding. I know people that have done it on there own up to this point that are grabbing everything available to them now. Once the dust settles most will go back to normal, but I imagine a few will be hooked.

Yes I agree. I know people that before past storms that have always worked and payed their own. Now they are full blown hooked on the system they have took the road of "can't beat em join em". And guess what party they now vote?

JeeperCreeper

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    LaLa Land
    Cuz 3 percenters that's why...

Seriously, people are too blinded by the media and hearing stories of rescuers, than realizing how stupid those rednecks are.

I have to agree, A lot of the guys doing this had their hearts in the right place and were a big help. But there's always going to be a group of yahoos out there just to be out in the middle of things running a muck and giving the good helpers a bad name.

The crazy part is all the boats that were not loaded on trailers and are now stranded. It's going to take a decent effort to just go pick all the abandoned boats up...

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    I have to agree, A lot of the guys doing this had their hearts in the right place and were a big help. But there's always going to be a group of yahoos out there just to be out in the middle of things running a muck and giving the good helpers a bad name.

The problem is no matter what we will always have arm chair QB's bitchin about someone. Because they are the smartest, strongest, bestest at everything ever invented and the rest of us are just morons. If you are constantly worried what those people have to say you will never be of any use to society. Most people left to their own devices will either sit on the sidelines or do what they can to help, but very few will be the douches previously dicussed. Most of people will do what we can for our neighbors the hell with those who won't.

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    The problem is no matter what we will always have arm chair QB's bitchin about someone. Because they are the smartest, strongest, bestest at everything ever invented and the rest of us are just morons. If you are constantly worried what those people have to say you will never be of any use to society. Most people left to their own devices will either sit on the sidelines or do what they can to help, but very few will be the douches previously dicussed. Most of people will do what we can for our neighbors the hell with those who won't.

You don't have to dodge it, just go ahead and direct it at me, it's already obvious :rofl:

The problem is, this is the internet, and you don't know who is doing what. So while you call them Armchair QB's, they could have been one of the folks out there helping and you will never know, because unlike the "Cajun Navy" we don't brag about helping.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    You don't have to dodge it, just go ahead and direct it at me, it's already obvious :rofl:

The problem is, this is the internet, and you don't know who is doing what. So while you call them Armchair QB's, they could have been one of the folks out there helping and you will never know, because unlike the "Cajun Navy" we don't brag about helping.

I have to agree.

I also hate when people donate money to something then brag about it "write the check then STFU".

UnseenUSPCompact

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    There will always be idiots, idiots in boats and idiots on the internet. I was on a boat helping Sat in Central. We got a lot of people and pets to safety without excessive damage to property. My training involved being an adult and having some common sense. Give the choice, I would get back on a boat without a second thought.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    I'm torn at this point I see both sides. Most of the time I'm a hard a$$ and say people should have got out but from what I understand this happened quick without much warning. Is there anyway to gauge how much good was done VS how much harm was done?

JeeperCreeper

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    LaLa Land
    I'm torn at this point I see both sides. Most of the time I'm a hard a$$ and say people should have got out but from what I understand this happened quick without much warning. Is there anyway to gauge how much good was done VS how much harm was done?

You also have to look at the fact that a vast amount of the houses that took water were not in a flood zone. Nobody has ever seen anything like this, nor was anyone expecting it or prepared for it. Might as well chalk this one up as a learning experience.

dk.easterly

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Clinton, LA

The Cajun Navy never bragged about helping and have denied donations to repair or replaced damaged equipment.

People were bragging on them for doing what they didn

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    The Cajun Navy never bragged about helping and have denied donations to repair or replaced damaged equipment.

People were bragging on them for doing what they didn

Wait.... so the Cajun Navy is a real thing now? Who is their leader? Do they have public meetings? I'm confused.

"Hey man, we gon' take muh boat and save people!"
    "Yeaaa baw! We like da Cajun Navy!"

I'm pretty sure that's how it got started.

Phatpad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2016
    Gramercy, LA
    Let me get this straight. Say this BS becomes law (requiring training and certification). Let's assume I have no certification. My community is flooded. I have a boat and am able to get my family to safety. I have extra space on my boat. The old couple across the street need to be rescued. Will I be arrested, given a ticket by some govt agency, have my boat confiscated if I take them to safety? Too much govt is a bad thing!

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    It's actually a fairly easy solution. If you find yourself up to your neck in water and your world is crashing down around you and the only help on scene is some "red neck" with a boat and you would rather wait for the pros to show up and save you just tell the yahoos with boats to get the hell out of here because I'm waiting on someone who is trained to save my ass.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Donut Man
    Top Bottom