Serious quedstion/ Rant Thread

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • G

gunguy11

So I wanna make sure that I am not thinking improperly.
    If a gun is for offered for sale and has a new price of "$ amount"
    The seller says he needs "$ amount" that is the same as new
    He says it only has so this many (#) rounds through it.
    I counter offer being the gun is used.
    Seller: I need the new amount the gun isnt even broken in yet and is worth the NEW price.....

Am I the only one that thinks a gun that has more than the factory test round is not a NEW gun and does depreciate atleast a little bit?
    Feel free to also rant about current classified issues you need to get out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brian22

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    Lafayette
    A gun, or anything, is only worth what someone is going to pay for it.

I would never pay a new price for a used gun. i could buy a new one at that price. YMMV

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

G

gunguy11

what does ymmv mean? sorry
    A gun, or anything, is only worth what someone is going to pay for it.

I would never pay a new price for a used gun. i could buy a new one at that price. YMMV

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Depends on the gun, and only based on availability.

G19, with 50 rounds through it.... Forget it. I'm not paying new price. I recognize it's just on this side of new and it probably wouldn't look any different. But it's not new.

A brand new Springfield Professional... For example because it's the only gun I know is "unusual" off the top of my head... Couple hundred rounds is still considered new.

My father and husband say the same since I'm typing next to them.

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    So I wanna make sure that I am not thinking improperly.

You are not thinking improperly.

The answer is a simple one: Don't buy it.

I can only imagine the horrible increase in the slobbering wannabes' half-literate policing posts in the FS section if there were some nebulous rule against pricing an item above new.

The FS section is running VERY smoothly these days.

FTRrookie

Freedom Not Free Stuff
    Rating - 98.6%
    68   1   0
    Apr 25, 2009
    Houma, la
    Once that gun leaves the store it is "used" and I'm not going to pay new price for it. Besides the fact that the seller is probably fudging on how many rounds he fired out of it there has to be a reason for him selling it so soon. It might be he needs the money or the gun doesn't fit but it could be that there's something wrong with it and the store won't take it back. I'm more leery of someone selling a "new" or "lnib" gun than I am someone selling a "used" or older gun.

Buy a new car drive it down the street to the next dealer and see if you can get what you paid for it in trade. They probably won't laugh in your face but they sure will in the back room.

FTRrookie

Freedom Not Free Stuff
    Rating - 98.6%
    68   1   0
    Apr 25, 2009
    Houma, la
    You are not thinking improperly.

The answer is a simple one: Don't buy it.

I can only imagine the horrible increase in the slobbering wannabes' half-literate policing posts in the FS section if there were some nebulous rule against pricing an item above new.

The FS section is running VERY smoothly these days.

Obviously you haven't been in there today. There are 3 different posts with no pics, no location etc... And seeing as the OP gave us to rant in his thread something needs to be done about ppl not following the rules. Moving their posts to the 'bearpit' isn't working. The offending post should be deleted and when the poster asks why give them a 3 word answer: Read The Rules

G

gunguy11

Would any of you pay brand new price for a ak-47 m10? I know I wouldnt. I just wanna know why people try to sell a gun they already "played" with and dont expect to lose any money!!

G

gunguy11

Obviously you haven't been in there today. There are 3 different posts with no pics, no location etc... And seeing as the OP gave us to rant in his thread something needs to be done about ppl not following the rules. Moving their posts to the 'bearpit' isn't working. The offending post should be deleted and when the poster asks why give them a 3 word answer: Read The Rules
    FEEL FREE to rant lol. it is reassuring reading things Im already thinking. lets me know im not abnomral lol

G

gunguy11

Price will be what the market will bear. I wouldn't, but I'm not in the same predicament as you.
    I am in no bind. This is just the 4th time i havve been it with a new gun price.
    i will not pay $600.00 for a used AK M10

bwalke1

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    i totally agree with all the above threads and i also would not pay "new" price for a used gun, however i do understand how some people could, mostly because they do not want to buy a new gun and have it registered in their name. No paper trail. So they don't mind paying the higher price especially with the current political climate. not that there is anything wrong with that but it sure makes it hard for the average joe looking for a fair deal on a used gun....lol
    i agree with Tulse Luper, "just dont buy it".

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie

That's always going to happen. New guys don't read; some of the old don't either. My comment was more toward the flurry of foolishness that used to follow posts like you describe. At one time it took no less than a dozen people to repeat the same rule the offender broke. The masturbatory frenzy of posts by wannabe moderators was WAY more distracting than a missing location, picture, price, etc.

Edit: Sorry, Some new guys don't read.

Last edited:

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    i totally agree with all the above threads and i also would not pay "new" price for a used gun, however i do understand how some people could, mostly because they do not want to buy a new gun and have it registered in their name. No paper trail. So they don't mind paying the higher price especially with the current political climate. not that there is anything wrong with that but it sure makes it hard for the average joe looking for a fair deal on a used gun....lol
    i agree with Tulse Luper, "just dont buy it".

No such thing as registration in LA. I can maybe see paying close to new price if it's had several hundred rounds through it, since it's a good bit on the way to being "broken in".

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge

If you see something, say something. Every post has a little button (exclamation mark inside a black triangle) in the bottom left corner where you can "Report Post". Mods don't go in and check every post.

I mostly agree that offending threads should be deleted but there are some cases where it's up to the judgement (and probably mood) of the mod who gets there first.

G

gunguy11

You can't be one of them....
    You must be making fun..
    I hope

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    That's always going to happen. New guys don't read; some of the old don't either. My comment was more toward the flurry of foolishness that used to follow posts like you describe. At one time it took no less than a dozen people to repeat the same rule the offender broke. The masturbatory frenzy of posts by wannabe moderators was WAY more distracting than a missing location, picture, price, etc.

Edit: Sorry, Some new guys don't read.

Masturbatory...that's a real word ??:eek4:

Top Bottom